Author Topic: Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES)  (Read 20147 times)

Offline Rodas

Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES)
« on: September 03, 2006, 10:51:10 am »
I'm looking for a map for the first level of Contra III: The Alien Wars for the Super Nintendo. I've looked around the internet for the last 3 days looking for a map, when I heard about this site from my teacher. So if anyone knows where I can get one I'd really apperacite it. Thanks ^^.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:47:12 am »
As far as I know, none exist for that game; at least, no map other than a potential scan from an old Nintendo Power magazine issue which had a little map of the first 5 levels. Maybe someone here could find it, as there was a huge torrent of Nintendo Power issue scans posted online in the last few months.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 12:35:26 pm »
I have all of those Nintendo Power magazines. If someone can tell me which issue it was in, I'll get it for you.

When someone is requesting only one map, I think they have a much higher chance of getting it made. If I wasn't so busy with other stuff, I might actually do this just to be nice  :)

Offline Rodas

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 09:14:40 pm »
I looked all over the Internet for this map and I can't find one. How would I go about taking screen shots from an emulator or whatever's used to make this map myself. All I can find is older Contra maps, so any help will be apperciated! Thanks ^^.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 09:11:44 am »
It really sucks that work and real life will be in the way for the next few days, otherwise I'd try to make a little tutorial for mapping to guide you in your first steps.

I remember that there was once one such tutorial ona Wiki-type site, but it seems to have vanished from the face of the net. Oh well, I'll see what I can come up with if I have time during the next few days. Welcome to VGMaps by the way :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 09:51:46 am »
The article you're thinking of is here. Someone deleted the helpful images, though.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 10:08:52 am »
Yeah, that was the one. Apparently someone thought the images cluttered the page, but I don't see anyone checking such a page unless he as interested in how the maps are actually made.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 10:41:53 am »
I could swear someone tried mapping the first stage of Contra III and showed it off on one of the previous forums.  I'm fairly sure I'm not confusing it with Contra IV: Hard Corps that Terra started, 'cause I remember the flames and the giant turtle boss at the end which I'm sure is III and not IV.

I guess that doesn't help if it was done by a person who's not here anymore...

Offline Rodas

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 11:56:55 am »
Ok Cool. Thanks for the link. I'll see what I can do. If it turns out half way decent I'll post it up, so nobody else has to get the headache that I got looking for it.

Offline Rodas

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 04:24:02 pm »
I couldn't figure out how to get it to work and I don't have the time to mess with it. I'm just going to use a Mega Man bitmap instead. Thanks for the links and the help.

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 12:04:43 am »
have yall tried looking on www.gamefaqs.com for the maps??

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 07:04:23 am »
Why is a 20-month-old topic being bumped, especially since then we've since received all of the maps for this game?

I should move this to from Map Requests to Map Gab, if there really is anything more to say.

Offline marioman

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 07:04:59 am »
Why not just look on www.vgmaps.com?

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
Re: Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES)
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 12:06:46 am »
i've actually got the maps for this game sitting on my terrabyte flash drive.

I didn't make the maps but I'm willing to share them with others privately. Unless Jon's got them already posted here on the site already?

If ya want, ya can email me at: magicbay02@yahoo.com and I'll send ya the maps but their in jpg format in a zip file though.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:09:36 am by magicbay »

Offline Revned

Re: Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES)
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 12:54:29 am »
Why are you bumping this topic every two years?