Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 577590 times)

Offline marioman

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2008, 08:06:52 pm »
Yep.  That's it.  Here is what he told me:

Zeric said:

It was not the PC version I used but the SNES version, with the help of BGMapper. Then I used a palette change on the Spycopter, I think thats what they are called.

So he used some type of external program to rip it.

Great job Zeric.

Offline Will

« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2008, 12:38:10 am »
Impessive, the series of the many consoles are close to completion. I regret that my progress in my Battle Network maps is slowing and I am getting sloppy and starting to do SMS maps due to the Sega map shortage compared with Nintendo maps.

Offline marioman

« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2008, 06:22:02 am »
If you are still interested in ripping Mega Man maps, there is that Game Gear version of Mega Man.  I know that the SMS is not the same thing as the GG, but it's Sega anyway.  Just a recommendation.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2008, 10:03:10 am »
marioman Said:
If you are still interested in ripping Mega Man maps, there is that Game Gear version of Mega Man.  I know that the SMS is not the same thing as the GG, but it's Sega anyway.  Just a recommendation.

IIRC the only practical difference between the GG and SMS is that the GG has a smaller screen and larger color palette. In all other respects the hardware is identical.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Will

« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2008, 11:17:25 am »
You were right marioman. Gamegear is worth mapping and I am really enjoying it as I play through. The only problem with the emulation is that I can't make proper savestates because FreezeSMS wasn't designed for savestates on Gamegear but the passwords I am using are useful.

Speaking of Megaman, I begin to get a little irritated that Dr. Wily survives countless times. I only wish you could call in some games Dr. Smelly for a change to make him comical. You'd bursting out with laughter to have a Megaman game with Dr. Smelly instead of Wily.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2008, 12:56:50 pm »
For however little it matters, Dr. Wily's Lab in Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash Of Super Heroes has been mapped by Geminiman...  :P

Offline marioman

« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2008, 01:37:13 pm »
Will Said:

You were right marioman. Gamegear is worth mapping and I am really enjoying it as I play through.

Glad to be of assistance.  I will be looking forward to seeing the finished maps.

Will Said:

The NES game Megaman Board, I think it's real title is "Wily & Light No Rockboard: That's Paradise".

Yes, but that name is too long anyway.  :P  It is kind of how I left out the subtitles for the rest of the Classic Mega Man games.  Just makes it a little more compact.

JonLeung Said:

For however little it matters, Dr. Wily's Lab in Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash Of Super Heroes has been mapped by Geminiman... :P

Neat.  I forgot about that cameo.

Offline Will

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2008, 03:39:38 am »
My first map of Megaman Gamegear and good looking?

Offline marioman

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2008, 05:18:46 am »
Lookin' good Will.  Is my map count for this game correct?  I think it's right, but I have made errors before...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2008, 08:51:35 am »
That looks better than I thought a Game Gear game would look.  o_0

I'm guessing that's a submission?  Should I put it up?

Heheh, in Japanese the filename would be "Rockman-StoneMan.png".  :P

Offline Will

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2008, 10:43:16 am »
@Marioman - It is absolutely correct, there is Stoneman, Napalman, Waveman, Toadman, Starman, Brightman and finally Doctor Wily.

@Jon - Putting it would be a good way to show Megaman fans a fine example of a Gamegear map, but I can wait till the weekend.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2008, 01:05:03 pm »
I was asking more for if that was ready to be put up, more than if I should make time to put it up.

In any case, I did have time anyway, so it's up.  :P

Shouldn't this game have had V and VI bosses, not IV and V?  I'm confused...

Offline Will

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2008, 01:22:22 pm »
That's all right Stoneman is complete. I am not all familiar with the bosses from the series but the information I got came from the rom itself and from a GameFAQ. I often use GameFAQs to find out if a game is fully mapped or not. I am positive that all the bosses I listed out are precise.

Offline marioman

« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2008, 02:33:36 pm »
Yep.  Mega Man 4 & 5 bosses only.  Why?  I don't know.  It came out one year after Mega Man 6, but there are not any MM6 bosses present.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2008, 05:20:25 pm »
I just thought that since the Game Boy games followed the formula of half the bosses from the same-numbered NES version and half the bosses from the following NES sequel (ie. MM II (GB) has II and III bosses, MM III (GB) has III and IV bosses, etc.) that if (and that's an IF) this Game Gear one was "continuing" from MM IV (GB) (since MM V (GB) has its own unique planet-based bosses) that V and VI bosses would be likely.  That must mean there are some originally-MM IV or V (NES) Robot Masters that could've shown up in at least three games instead of the usual two (I like parentheses).

Obviously there's no hard and fast rule; they probably didn't know if they would've made a sequel after the first one, perhaps the inclusion of MM II bosses was supposed to be a surprise and they didn't originally plan to have staggered rosters for future sequels or whatever.

After all, I put up Xtreme 2 maps last week, and noticed that it has some bosses from X, X 2, AND X 3.

Capcom can do whatever they want.  No point trying to make any particular sense out of them.  (Oh, Resident Evil 4 sold best on GameCube and the Wii version also did much higher than expectations?  Awesome, therefore let's NOT put RE 5 on a Nintendo platform!  >_<)

ANYWAY, I never did play the Game Boy Mega Man games.  When I decided I would make time for them, I was waiting for the Anniversary Collection for the GBA that never did come out as far as I know.  :(