Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 577007 times)

Offline Will

Re: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #420 on: December 05, 2009, 12:01:44 am »
Today the Battle Network 4 section expands. The Watergod Management System was quite a tricky labyrinth to chart out. I'm guessing that the stage I reach and finish the Undernet must be one of the most anticipating times in Battle Network mapping. I personally prefer the Battle Network 2 Undernet style so far.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:04:05 am by Will »

Offline marioman

« Reply #421 on: December 07, 2009, 08:51:59 am »
List updated.  Thanks Will.  Nice to see that you have almost completed yet another BN game.  You are a mapping machine.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:52:44 am by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #422 on: December 10, 2009, 06:31:52 am »
I have gone through the entire game of Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon, but there some setbacks that prevent the mapset from being officially complete. The Red Sun version has some scenarios seperate from the Blue Moon version, meaning there maybe a bigger map count that that one version alone. The background colours and room layout and sprites change in the Red Sun too. For example the Blue Moon version has purple for a background colour in the residences, whereas it is bright green in the Red Sun version not to mention changes of carpet and furniture colours. I'm beginning to wonder if I should stick with the Blue Moon maps I have already done or should I add the Red Sun versions of the maps in addition? If I am to the entire Red Sun map collection, then that's probably going to mean that the games get seperated in the GBA atlas.

Also I may have to do some revisions of the internet areas to reveal objects that appear when you access the hard and super hard modes of the game.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 06:35:59 am by Will »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #423 on: December 10, 2009, 07:12:55 am »
If only a few areas are different between the two versions, then it would be easier to have the maps appear together, with, in this case, "(Blue Moon)" and "(Red Sun)" at the end of each map name to distinguish them.  Otherwise if the majority are different, then they should be split.

If it's really just backgrounds and items, you could fit them in a single image somehow, I'm sure.

Offline marioman

« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2009, 07:48:29 am »
This weekend RMMH submitted two maps from the Sega Saturn version of Mega Man 8.  While at first these maps may not look much different from Zeric's PSX maps, the Sega Saturn version of Mega Man 8 included two extra areas in which you could fight Cut Man and Wood Man.  With that, the set of Mega Man 8 maps on the site is now complete in both versions.

Thanks RMMH.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:50:18 am by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #425 on: December 20, 2009, 09:11:35 pm »
TenguMan submitted the final four Mega Man 9 maps this weekend!  So now all of the classic Mega Man games are mapped until Mega Man 10 is released in March.  Thank you TenguMan.

Also, Will submitted another set of BN4 maps.  It looks like he is currently at about 67%.  Nice work!

Offline Revned

« Reply #426 on: December 20, 2009, 10:21:19 pm »
Good timing... :-/

I just fixed a bug in the Dolphin emulator so now Mega Man 9 works. That means real ripped maps are coming...

Offline marioman

« Reply #427 on: December 29, 2009, 04:00:54 pm »
This weekend brought a few more BN4 maps from Will.  I think that Undernet Sector 6 was included, so he must be getting close to the end.  Keep up the good work!

Offline Zetta

« Reply #428 on: January 01, 2010, 01:24:29 pm »
Keep up the great work, Will and Happy New Year!

I'm looking forward to the rest of the BN4 maps and your other mapping projects.

Offline Will

« Reply #429 on: January 01, 2010, 02:47:42 pm »
Unfortunately I have not come up with a plan on how I'm going to display both the Red Sun and Blue Moon version maps simultaneously and I'm personally wondering how the maps are going to be displayed on one mapset should the two versions contain maps not seen in the latter, possibly the Blue Moon map rows could be highlighted blue and the Red Sun rows highlighted red. For the moment I shall turn my attention on finishing the Blue Moon version. What is left to do are the remaining Undernet sectors and the Black Earth Network.

Offline marioman

« Reply #430 on: January 04, 2010, 08:13:15 am »
This week Revned's Mega Man 9 maps were uploaded so that map set is now more complete than it previously was.  All that is left now is the Endless Stage which Revned says is well underway.  In addition, I would like to say that I do appreciate the effort that TenguMan put into his maps, and that such a feat should not go unnoticed.

According to Will's above post, he actually much closer to completion than I expected.  I was estimating that there would be about 140 maps since the other games have about that many, but it seems that there may be about 99 maps in BN4.  As such, the current count has been updated, and there are officially 5 maps to go.  Good work Will.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:17:28 am by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #431 on: January 11, 2010, 07:22:05 am »
Will submitted more BN4 maps this weekend.  It appears that there are only 3 to go.  So close...

On that note, do you plan to map any other BN games after you finish BN4?  I would like to mention that BN4.5 is totally different from BN4, and it has very few maps.  (Around 20 I think.)  Some people mistakenly think that BN4.5 is an enhanced version of BN4, but in actuality they are completely different games.  Just thought that I would point this out.

Offline Will

« Reply #432 on: January 11, 2010, 10:02:57 am »
In order to access the Black Earth areas, first I have to collect all the Regular Chips. Thanks for telling what to expect in Battle Network 4.5 . With such few maps, this sounds like a golden opportunity to get two games done in short duration.

Offline marioman

« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2010, 11:33:13 am »
This week's update brings us a complete set of maps for Mega Man 9's Endless Attack mode.  That's right, all 42 rooms are fully mapped now.  The map only shows off all of the possible rooms in Endless Attack, but the arrangement of the rooms also shows off Revned's mad Tetris skills.  The fact that he managed to neatly fit all of the rooms in a 4208x4128 pixel space is rather impressive in itself.

With that, all 10 mainstream Mega Man games are currently mapped in their entirety.  That will change here in a few months when Mega Man 10 is released, but Revned has indicated that he plans to map that one too once it is released.  Congratulations and thanks to Revned.

Also, Will has submitted the last Undernet map for BN4.  So, that just leaves the two Black Earth maps.  Keep it up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:45:39 pm by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2010, 11:13:28 pm »
I have finished the last of the Battle Network 4 maps (and revised all internet maps). The map count total for this game reaches to exactly 100 maps (would be 115 if the Watergod Management System were split). Now I am already beginning on Battle Network 4.5.