Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 554284 times)

Offline Rew

Re: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2010, 06:33:35 am »
Will is a mapping machine.
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline marioman

« Reply #436 on: January 25, 2010, 03:52:52 pm »
And Will has finished BN4!  In addition to submitting the last of the BN4 maps, Will has also started on BN4.5.  I just counted and it appears that he has passed the 500 map milestone for the BN maps.  Quite impressive.

In other news, RMMH has started uploading Zero 4 maps to their site, so hopefully the Zero series will be completed soon.  I am hoping they will also submit their Legends 1 and Legends 2 Episode 1 maps in order to finish the mappable sections of the Legends games.  *hint hint*

Congratulations to Will on mapping yet another BN game.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:53:26 pm by marioman »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #437 on: January 26, 2010, 07:57:40 am »
You guys probably noticed that I listed it as "Rockman EXE 4.5: Real Operation (J)", but on the /Atlas/ page, also as "Mega Man: Battle Network 4.5: Real Operation (J)", despite never having been released in English, and so that English name is the likely one if it was (though the subtitle, maybe not).

Perhaps worth mentioning in another topic altogether but it's difficult to be consistent with Japanese titles, like do I use them, or the commonly accepted English titles?  Do I list it as Mother or EarthBound Zero?  Akumajō Dracula X: Chi no Rondo or Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood?  The Japanese one is more "proper", but as this web site is in English, the English name might be more recognizeable.  (I suppose I should probably stop talking about a possible (now more like hypothetical) revamp, but if I did away with the whole listing thing and had a search function, I could have the games get pulled up using any of a number of searchable names...)

Mega Man titles have always been tricky, too...  It's generally two words but many later titles (the later X series and Battle Network) make it look like one (like his Japanese name, Rockman).  With all capitals most of the time you wonder if it's supposed to really have "CamelCaps" (MegaMan) when it's one word.  The main series uses numbers on the boxes but Roman numerals in-game (at least from 2/II-7/VII).  I swear it makes a lot more sense for the X sequels to have a space between the title and the number (ie. "Mega Man X 2" instead of "Mega Man X2", in the same way that it's "Spider-Man 2", not "Spider-Man2"), but I will give in at some point there too as clearly it's official that way.  And then there are oddities like if it's "Mega Man Soccer" or "Megaman's Soccer", and Mega Man III for NES, PC, and Game Boy being three totally different games...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:01:36 am by JonLeung »

Offline Will

« Reply #438 on: January 30, 2010, 04:34:21 pm »
More of the Real Operations maps show today as well as one from the Wonderswan Colour game. I've never mapped Wonderswan games before. This game's areas are divided into parts I've linked with lines. I don't find this game nearly as outstanding as the Wily Wars and the Mega Man X games and I think Battle Network just doesn't fit as a platformer.

Offline marioman

« Reply #439 on: January 30, 2010, 08:40:44 pm »
List updated.  I didn't think about all of the little areas in BN4.5 so I guess there are more maps than I expected.  Anyway, after counting up those areas my guess is that there are about 35 maps in the game so I'll just use that number in the list total for now.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  It is also nice to see some maps from the BN Wonderswan.  Once that game is finished, the Mega Man games which haven't been mapped yet will be limited to the GBA, DS, and PSX.  (And Wii after MM10 comes out, but Revned should be all over that one once it is released.)

Nice work as usual Will.  As Rew said, you are a mapping machine.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #440 on: January 30, 2010, 11:38:41 pm »
I think Battle Network just doesn't fit as a platformer.

Actually, I liked Mega Man: Network Transmission (GameCube), the only Battle Network game I played more than an hour of, and finished, even.  The first few areas are repetitive, but once you get past that, it's pretty fun.  I even got that secret chip or whatever you get for shooting that dog like two hundred times without missing.  Or maybe my brother did that.  In any case, between the two of us, we finished it.  I'm guessing maybe the WonderSwan Color game just didn't have the resources or effort put into it, I mean, it's for the WonderSwan, seriously.  :P

But thanks for your continued hard work on this series, Will.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:45:18 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Will

« Reply #441 on: February 02, 2010, 06:09:41 am »
I never saw Mega Man Transmission on the list. I looked at videos on YouTube and its definitely super cool. My favourite music track is Quickman's Stage.

Prepare to be amazed. I have finished and posted all the Battle Network 4.5 maps and by coincidence there are 45 maps in total. I'm ready to proceed to the 5th Battle Network game. I have decided to start off with the Team Colonel version of Battle Network 5. You might say I have the habit of choosing titles with blue in them, because Mega Man is blue. Like it's prequel, Battle Network 5 has room colour and decoration differences in Team Protoman and Team Colonel, but I have no idea what the differences between the GBA games and the DS game are. Judging by the name it's probably just two games in one rom, unless there special bonuses the GBA roms lack. I have tried out the walk-through cheat code for Battle Network 5 and it doesn't work on either Team Colonel or Team Protoman, so I'll need convenient codes before I can proceed.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:10:12 am by Will »

Offline marioman

« Reply #442 on: February 02, 2010, 04:11:40 pm »
Quote from: Will
I never saw Mega Man Transmission on the list. I looked at videos on YouTube and its definitely super cool. My favourite music track is Quickman's Stage.

Yeah, I never included it because I am not sure that Gamecube games are actually mappable.  If someone can convince me otherwise, I will be glad to add it.

Prepare to be amazed. I have finished and posted all the Battle Network 4.5 maps and by coincidence there are 45 maps in total. I'm ready to proceed to the 5th Battle Network game. I have decided to start off with the Team Colonel version of Battle Network 5. You might say I have the habit of choosing titles with blue in them, because Mega Man is blue.

Absolutely amazing.  So BN4.5 had many more maps that I expected, but not more than half of the other games.  I'll update the list when the maps are posted on the site.

Like it's prequel, Battle Network 5 has room colour and decoration differences in Team Protoman and Team Colonel, but I have no idea what the differences between the GBA games and the DS game are. Judging by the name it's probably just two games in one rom, unless there special bonuses the GBA roms lack.

AFAIK, BN5 DS is just two games on one DS card.  There is an extra cross and there is the ability to mix/match navis from both games, but I don't think that there are any significant differences other than that.

I have tried out the walk-through cheat code for Battle Network 5 and it doesn't work on either Team Colonel or Team Protoman, so I'll need convenient codes before I can proceed.

Try this one: 82013774 0001.  It was listed for Team Protoman, but I would think that it works for both.

Offline marioman

« Reply #443 on: February 06, 2010, 03:01:59 pm »
List updated.  Will's BN4.5 maps are now up, so there are only three BN games that are currently unmapped.  (Excluding the few extra maps in Operate Shooting Star.)  He also has a healthy start on BN5.  Excellent work Will - I am sure that there are very few fans out there that would take the time to generate this many maps for one series.  What's interesting is that Will is starting BN5 with a total of exactly 555 maps already ripped in BN1-BN4.5.  Interesting...

In other news, RMMH has all of the Zero 4 maps completed sans the Deep Sea and the Artificial Sun maps.  I would expect that they will be completed within a week.

Also, Will's mention of Mega Man Network Transmission gave me the idea to create a list of unmappable Mega Man games.  It is now at the end of the main post.  That post is rather long already, so feedback on whether to keep the list of unmappable games would be welcomed.  If enough people think that the list of unmappable games clutters the first post too much, I will be glad to remove it.

Anyways, congratulations to Will for completing another BN game.  Good luck with BN5.

EDIT:  By the way, it appears that Revned's MM9 Endless Attack map is being used in the search for Seth Killian's elusive MM9 secret.  Hopefully Revned's maps will help locate the secret soon.  (Personally, I am sick of Seth's taunting - if you don't want to tell what the secret is, don't mention it at all. [/rant])

EDIT2:  RMMH's Zero 4 maps have been completed.  Hopefully they will submit them here soon...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:48:25 am by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #444 on: February 14, 2010, 12:53:03 am »
In my progress, I have encountered a labyrinth in the Squirrel Statue System which has a likeness to the Watergod Management System in the previous game. Liberation Missions are a new, exciting feature introduced in the 5th Battle Network game. I am now on to mapping the Oran Internet System. I'll keep you updated as I carry on.

Offline marioman

« Reply #445 on: February 14, 2010, 11:37:58 am »
List updated.  Looking good Will.  Funny, BN5 is the only Battle Network game that I seriously tried to play.  I found the liberation missions bothersome as you only have a set number of turns to defeat an enemy/boss.  Since you are at the second liberation mission of six, I will guess you are 30% done.  (Already?!?!)

Also, it looks like RMMH submitted their Zero 4 maps.  However, the cloudy Magnetic Zone map is missing.  I am not sure what is going on there, but as soon as that map is uploaded, the Zero series will be complete!

Thanks to Will and RMMH.

Offline marioman

« Reply #446 on: February 22, 2010, 06:42:52 am »
Will submitted some more BN5 maps this weekend.  The map count is 68 now and he has mapped Liberation Mission 3, so I will guess that he is about halfway done.

Good job Will.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:43:30 am by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #447 on: March 01, 2010, 12:16:44 am »
I am currently working on the Cruiser Network System. There are four sections and I've currently done half. Progress is slow because I'm trying to get accurate positions of the currents, bubbles and twisters. The layouts of the Cruiser Network System maps seem to differ in many ways to Megaboy's versions.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:21:27 am by Will »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #448 on: March 01, 2010, 05:05:10 pm »
I'm looking forward to Revned possibly cooking us up some Mega Man 10 maps.  :)

Offline Revned

« Reply #449 on: March 01, 2010, 07:33:07 pm »
The game has been out for less than 12 hours. You really can't expect me to have made any... uh... progress....