Author Topic: Font size  (Read 22431 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Font size
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 12:32:52 pm »
I'm guessing you're editing the main directory page?

Let me know when you're done so I can download it off the server and add to it when I update this weekend.

I'm guessing your changes won't mess up how I view it in FrontPage, or that FrontPage won't mandatorily mess it up after I normally add new game links to it?

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 01:02:45 pm »
I'll give you some direction, especially if I add CSS controls to it.

What version of FrontPage are you using?

---

Cool beans

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2006, 11:35:59 pm »
Hey guys, I have an 'optimized' version of the Index page up at https://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/index2.htm.

Take a look and let us know what you think. The font is still small, but not as small as before. Its a simple change of a number to make it larger now.

---

Cool beans

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 02:13:56 pm »
The XHTML 1.0 DTD really isn't the proper DTD to use since the page still contains deprecated attributes and tags.  But it's a step in the right direction.

Offline Revned

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 02:40:17 pm »
Looks good to me, and it's about 50 kb smaller to boot.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 05:50:58 pm »
Well, Revned likes it!  :P

To me the size doesn't look much different if at all.  The removal of underlined links does look cleaner, and the code is better.  I guess I'll take it and hope FrontPage won't butcher it too much when I copy and paste things...and all the new MSX games I have to add to it will be a good test of that.

Thanks, bustin98!  I should ask you to optimize the whole site!  :)  Though I might one day rather have a more "dynamic" site so that might be quite the overhaul.

You know that line in the Ghostbusters theme song where they go "bustin' makes me feel good!"  Yeah, I could almost say that now, but it still sounds like something his wife would say (if she refers to him as bustin98 in real life, that is).

Offline Revned

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 05:55:00 pm »
The index's font wasn't all that bad to begin with. It's more suited for a smaller font, anyway. I also like it better without the underlines.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 08:20:23 pm »
Going from well over 4,000 lines to just over 1,000, there's bound to be a couple of errors and overlooked tags. If I coded it from the ground up it would be different.

Actually, as I was going through that nightmare, I was trying to figure out the best way to setup this information in a database. Jon, if you're interested we can talk more about it. It will streamline the process of adding more information and give users more options.

And no, noone other than the online community calls me bustin98. But thanks for the image of my wife doing something silly like that.

And I never saw the underlines. I have my IE settings to underline links only on hover. Now everyone sees what I see :)

---

Cool beans

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 10:28:16 am »
I have now validated the page for XHTML Transitional, which may mean nothing to most of you. There is one tag that I'm not messing with because FrontPage is insistant that it be put in. And its perfectly legal in Transistional anyway.

Jon, I replaced the current page with the new page. If you start adding items, try it with the 'index2.htm' page first. That way if you mess up it won't be a big deal. And if you can't get it to work, let me know.

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 07:42:31 pm »
Oops, I tried it with the main one.  I added the MSX games (and the other new ones this past weekend)  Looks like it works.

Thanks again, bustin!

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2006, 11:28:00 am »
I took a glance and it does look good. I'm pleased it turned out. Wanna contribute to my Wii fund?

(Just kidding. I absolutey expect nothing for my contributions other than the praise you heap.)

---

Cool beans