Author Topic: Super C (NES)  (Read 36024 times)

Offline Romulus

Super C (NES)
« on: December 29, 2006, 03:59:39 am »
Super c maps would sound ace to contra fans

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Super C (NES)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 10:34:28 pm »
Seriously, I'm actually surprised nobody has bothered to map more than the first Contra game, and even that one is incomplete. Weird for such a classic series.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:53:33 pm »
I think you're mixing up the original with Contra Force.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 11:52:20 pm »
I don't actually count Contra Force as being part of the Contra series, seeing as it was originally an unrelated game which wasn't released in Japan and was instead attached to the Contra franchise using the name alone. Notice that it has nothing in common with the setting or plot of the Contra games which almost all take place in the 27th century.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 08:50:22 am »
So, what we've gone from having a Castlevania bug to a Contra bug now?

Offline Dan

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 01:05:37 pm »
TerraEsperZ Said:
Seriously, I'm actually surprised nobody has bothered to map more than the first Contra game, and even that one is incomplete. Weird for such a classic series.

---

Which parts are missing?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 01:12:53 pm »
Dan Said:
TerraEsperZ Said:

---

Which parts are missing?

Sorry about that Dan, I had forgotten that you'd mapped the whole game recently. I was thinking back to when there were only 3 stages mapped I think, and by someone else... So I happily stand corrected, and yes, your maps look great :)

So, are you planning on doing Super C anytime soon? It would be cool to get more maps, and it would help to build your reputation as a Contra mapping god :D

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 02:15:43 pm »
So, what we've gone from having a Castlevania bug to a Contra bug now?

Not really. Contra: Hard Corps is the only one I'm really fixated on, though I still enjoyed all the others that I've played. Castlevania remains my favorite of the two series still ;)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Dan

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 02:43:34 pm »
I might do Super C eventually, but right now I'm too busy trying to get settled into an apartment, and then I'll need to get a computer and all that fun stuff.  Right now, though, the maps I would most want to see/make are Earthworm Jim maps...

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 08:20:30 pm »
Dibs.

Note: Sky isn't done.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 10:04:42 am »
I just finished the first area. Comments are welcome.

I've decided to include stationary enemies on the maps. The stage names will not be on the maps because they're too long and too corny (such as Stage 6 - Jagger Froid's Fruit-of-the-Doom Defense).

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline marioman

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 10:28:22 am »
Are those names official?  If so, it sounds like they had some wild parties at Konami when Super C  was being made.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 11:11:11 am »
Good works, and including the stationary enemies works well. I'm looking foward to more.

---

Current projects: Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Sonic CD (Sega CD)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 03:58:24 pm »
Area 2 mapped. Don't expect any updates soon.

I think you guys might find this excerpt from the manual amusing. It also explains the name of the stage (Fort Fire Storm's Warped Mind Command Center).

[Don't Fire Until You See The Red Of Their Eyes]

Sipping cold lemonade with a couple of native lovelies, Mad Dog and Scorpion (Guerilla Warriors Extrordinare) relax on a Rio beach and boast of how they destroyed the vile alien war monger, Red Falcon.  Little do they know that Red Falcon didn't flee with his pointed tail between his legs.  Instead, he tactically retreated to round-up ruffians of the universe, friends from all walks of war, to mount a second assault on planet Earth.

One of these new recruits is Jagger Froid, a demented alien from the Black Hole Galaxy, who dishes out punishment with a laser sharp tongue.  Red Falcon has also shuttled in The Babalu Destructoid Mechanism, a giant alien attack tank, which was the primary weapon used to disintegrate the innocent solar system of Tralala.

But the genius behind the Red Falcon's Earth conquering concept is his plan to have thousands of intergalactic warriors seep into the the brains of the U.S. Army. It's a mind contamination trick which has already taken command of U.S. Forces at Fort Fire Storm.

How do we know that all out soldiers have been brain trashed?  You can see it in their eyes.

Now, if Mad Dog and Scorpion fail to recuperate from their months on the beach in time to destroy Red Falcon's G.I. fortified Hate Nest, his sinister scheme will permeate the world's mightiest power (nuclear missile silos included).

And if that happens, we'll all be pushing up daisies.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 04:05:40 pm »
You did a great job on the first level.  I'm looking forward to seeing more.