Author Topic: Raw Candy  (Read 11417 times)

Offline DarkWolf

Raw Candy
« on: January 01, 2007, 02:45:37 pm »
User posted image

I finally got around to starting work on porting Raw Candy over to C#.  The first new version won't have a ton of new features, but here will be some of the differences:

* Save your edited palette

* Save image (no more Alt-PrintScrn)

* Buffering (will mean faster drawing times hopefully)

* Image size small as 1x1 pixel (I know a few who complained about this)

To come later:

* Different rendering engines (like 15-bit color mode for Sega Saturn files)

* Bookmarks (scrap paper works fine for me though)

* Maybe, maybe, the ability to "paint" changes on the image alter the file.  IT'S A BIG MAYBE!

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Raw Candy
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 02:50:43 pm »
Is that the utility you've been using to visualize/extract maps from roms? If so, then I'm really looking forward to it!

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 01:08:14 pm »
Version 2.0b

Here's a build of what I have done so far.  To change the offset using the keyboard you need to click on the image with the mouse first.  Here are the controls:

Page Up / Down - moves one image size worth of data foward/backward in the file, works like a Page Up or Down should.

Up / Down - moves up or down rows (changes offset by the width of the image)

Left / Right - moves the offset forward and backward (image moves left / right).

Holding Shift will affect the arrow key movements 10 fold while holding Control will effect the movements 5 fold.

If you don't have a palette available, don't worry, there's a default one coded in the program.  So you can open any file from the start.

Offline Botmechtron

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 06:53:21 pm »
Download link dead. Also, the thread title should be changed to: "Raw Candy" instead of "It's coming...".

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 06:01:33 pm »
Link fixed.  Sorry, recently re-did my site and ended up axing that directory.  Didn't realize there were still things linked to it.

Offline Botmechtron

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:45:32 pm »
Thank you.