Author Topic: New Forum  (Read 26096 times)

Offline Dan

New Forum
« on: April 18, 2006, 01:54:52 pm »
This looks pretty sweet.  There's a lot of new features here that I have never even seen before in a forum (no, I don't go to very many).  So how do you like it so far? (you meaning ya'll, not any one person in particular).

Offline Inty

RE: New Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 01:57:14 pm »
Yeah i think it's really cool. <_< Oh wait. Of course i would, i just set it up. Leung was a little weary about another change. But this really is for the better. This board has addictive qualities and really is MUCH better than the previous boards we had.

---

Inty/Chris/Intanos VI
&lt;b&gt;I need &pound;5 paypal to pay subs ._.&lt;/b&gt;

Offline Eggz

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 02:49:31 pm »
It's.. different, that's for sure. I kind of liked it back when it was simpler. Not so many crazy options to get lost in.

---

Q: What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree, and is dangerous?

A: A sparrow with a machine gun.

- The Riddler; Batman the Movie
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 03:13:29 pm »
Glad the board is back, but damn does it suck that all the old threads were lost...

And yeah, I'm kinda wary about all the extra options, as I've always liked things to remain simple. We'll see how things go, although I'm glad we've got PM this time.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 03:14:57 pm »
Weird, can't edit posts, though that might be a question of privileges.

Anyway, how do I set the board to display usernames and avatar on the left of the screen?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Dan

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 04:24:10 pm »
TerraEsperZ:  Go to your user page (click TerraEsperZ (10) off to the side), then Display Settings under the Customize tab, then change Message List View from GameFAQs to either PunBB/PhpBB or GF Avatar.  

On a side note, my 3-headed monkey looks really ugly when forced into 100x100.  Is there a way to keep it at its original size?  

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 04:48:59 pm »
Thanks.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 05:19:33 pm »
All I have to say is:

:(

Really, I see no advantage as of yet. And to top it all off, the multitudes of posts I poured my heart and soul into are lost. AGAIN. Inty, I don't like you.

Offline Inty

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 05:14:23 am »
Wow. A little hostile. You just need to get used to it Revned. And those posts you lost, it wasn't my fault. The hosts cPanel went down at the wrong time.

Online JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 05:59:52 am »
I am pissed.  BEYOND pissed.  Where is the response to my email?  Did you send it to my work email address?

Give me admin abilities.

Tell me EXACTLY how to back up EVERYTHING to do with the forums, so that it can be restored if we go down AGAIN, since obviously I can't trust anyone but myself anymore.

Even if it's the cPanel going down or whatever, I find it impossible to believe that you wouldn't've made a backup beforehand, so I don't hold you blameless.  Believe me, we're going to have a discussion next time we talk.

Offline Inty

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 06:03:53 am »
I should have backed up. I know. That was my mistake , i had no doubts that everything would run smoothly. But i've learnt a lesson...

I'll show you how to backup next time we're both on MSN. I'm gonna set up an automated backup thing anyway.

Offline Inty

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 08:21:02 am »
You're account wasn't setup because i changed you to admin. Did it ask about changing your password or anything? It's just a security thing.

About being on past midnight. I can do that, but i need to ask the parents first, because currently i'm moving rooms and everything..needing to sleep in the living room. So i can't be on that late. But i can ask closer to the time if you're certain that you won't be home too late.

Aside from the troubles. How are the new forums? You like them?

Offline Inty

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 08:35:47 am »
I'm setting your actual account `JonLeung` to admin now. Then we can communicate through PMs.

Offline Inty

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 08:38:04 am »
Try your account now. You may or may not have to change your password.

Online JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 08:57:29 am »
Don't worry about staying up tonight.  I've almost bored myself with the rants I was going to throw at you.  I still have some things I want you to understand, but I'm sure you'll hear them all eventually.  Right now I want you to be productive.

Though I'd like some kind of assurance that you will focus on the forums until it is improved at least enough to justify our losses.  You did propose this change, after all, so regardless of what happened and why, I'd like the forums to be better than before.  I'm glad you have all week off and that you're more comfortable with the code.  I guess you already did promise things will be better in one of the first posts here and I'm rambling again...see what I mean about not staying up for this?

Just get to work.  :P