Author Topic: Haunting (Genesis)  (Read 20578 times)

Offline DarkWolf

Haunting (Genesis)
« on: January 06, 2007, 05:58:10 pm »
I did an experiment to see if the individual rooms would fit together and they did!  So I'm going to map the houses and piece them together.  I may also do a map with each room split and label all the items you can haunt.

House 1

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Haunting (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:49:56 pm »
Wow, that looks great! Of course, this one is more of a novelty since a lot of it is being hidden by other rooms, but still, it makes me curious about what kind of game it is.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 07:17:06 pm »
I just tried out this game, and it's pretty cool. I'm looking forward to more maps!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 08:16:24 am »
Interesting.  I may try this game in a little bit.  Is it like Maniac Mansion, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Geist, or what?

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 08:43:44 am »
You go around the house haunting objects in order to scare the people out of the house.  The objects do lots of different things like a chair might morph into a monster or the guy on the TV might pop his head out.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 12:44:04 pm »
Woohoo, another house!

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 02:12:09 pm »
Added a detailed version of the first house.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 02:14:43 pm »
*has suddent urge to play the Sims and/or Geist*

Offline Zeric

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 01:27:43 am »
This game sounds a bit familiar to a game that came out to pc a few years ago. Can't remember the name of it but one of the stages were similar to Evil Dead.

---

Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800) Wai Wai World (NES) Super Mario World (SNES)

Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800 - Final Stage) Mega Man X2 (SNES Sigma 2)

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA - 83%)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 07:46:55 am »
I suppose the aesthetic map goes well with the poll that I had made for this week (I guess they're weekly now, anyway)...ought maps be for gameplay or are they nice to look at?

I find the aesthetic map more coherent...is that the word I'm looking for?  I can imagine it as a house, even though I can't see many parts of it.  The detailed gameplay map is nice for seeing rooms, but it's harder to see my way around.  This is a case where multiple maps for the same stage are acceptable.

Even so, is there some way to easily show the connections between rooms on the detailed maps?  Maybe lines showing connections between doorways (though technically it's the same doorway)?  Hopefully they wouldn't get too twisted around with each other.  I almost felt that my Maniac Mansion map was nearly too cluttered with lines.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 11:09:04 am »
Well sometimes lines can't avoid being cluttered. I'm working of maps for the SNES Clock Tower game, and despite my best efforts, there are going to be some major line twisting.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 05:14:53 pm »
I tried to arrange the rooms in the same order as the aesthetic map with enough spacing to not have any walls covering other rooms, but I couldn't get a that looked good.  I dunno, I might try again later.  I'm going to complete the aesthetic maps first.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 02:30:46 pm »
*Sigh* The third house doesn't fit together like the first two, and I here I thought the level designers were doing a great job.

Does anyone have any interest in the other houses being mapped in detail or should I just drop this game now?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 02:55:58 pm »
That's actually surprising. I mean, from playing the first house, you can see in the mini-map that the rooms are supposed to fit together and for the first two, they do. Would you mind posting a picture showing what's wrong with the third one? It would be a shame to drop this game after mapping the first half of it.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 03:31:29 pm »
Example

As you can see, to make the rooms fit, the graphics would need to be majorly re-worked.  I can still do the detail maps, but I know those aren't as interesting as the aesthetic ones.