Author Topic: Beyond Shadowgate - sequel to the NES game - Kickstarter  (Read 6747 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Beyond Shadowgate - sequel to the NES game - Kickstarter
« on: February 18, 2023, 10:04:52 pm »

There's a Kickstarter campaign that launched today for "Beyond Shadowgate", a sequel to the NES point-and-click adventure.  Though there have been a handful of Shadowgate sequels (including the Turbo Grafx CD game also called "Beyond Shadowgate", but which is totally different) and remakes since the original, as the creator says, anytime anyone talks to him about Shadowgate, it's always specifically about the NES one.  So this sequel is designed very much like it.

It's near the end of the first day of this campaign, and has already reached its initial goal of $25,000.  At about $33,000, it's halfway to the first stretch goal of $40,000, which will allow them to create a bonus chapter which is an expanded version of Uninvited, and if funding gets to $55,000, there will be an expanded version of Déjà Vu, as well.

There's a demo you can download, as well as two free games by GrahfMetal, "Infested" and "Spectacle", indie games that were clearly inspired by the original MacVenture games on NES.

(Also, I'm surprised we still don't have maps of Shadowgate, Déjà Vu and Uninvited... I remember the first issue of Nintendo Power that I ever got had a Déjà Vu map on the back of the poster, so I know it can be done...)

Anyway, I haven't pledged yet, but I am certainly considering it!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 11:08:35 am by JonLeung »