Author Topic: Virtual Boy Wario Land (VB)  (Read 54218 times)

Offline marioman

RE: Virtual Boy Wario Land (VB)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 11:32:02 am »
Nice Wario Land VB maps Terra.  And you said it was IMPOSSIBLE...  :P

I am looking forward to seeing some more - I have never played that game.

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 12:36:13 pm »
Good luck if you're gonna continue to go on to the end after all, one of the last stages lets you go into the background pretty much any time you want.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 01:55:04 pm »

Where was that Contra: Hard Corps map again? >_<

https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=376

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 08:39:02 pm »
Stage 3 is finally finished. Although it looks simpler than the first two, three areas have multiple parallax backgrounds (2-3), all of which are constantly distorted to simulate an underwater effect. It took me several hours to be able to "reconstruct" the various tiles used there and then re-assemble them to form clean layers.

Anyway, Level 3:

User posted image

Late thanks to RT 55J for providing the link for my Contra: Hard Corps map.

And Captain Drake, we'll cross that bridge when I get to it ;)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 11:01:12 am »
You forgot to edit out Wario near the end, but other than that, great map. They're beginning to get big now.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 11:04:32 am »
Oh crap! How the hell did I miss that? Oh yeah, I finished it at around 2AM yesterday... I'll post a corrected version as soon as I get home.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 04:21:00 pm »
Did you put the header in the lower-left because that's where the stage starts?

I'm of the belief that if the non-map background is white and there's nothing in the upper-left corner, that the header or something should be there.  I've loaded up a map and not realised it was there because I got a whole white screen before scrolling.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 04:57:06 pm »
You're right, yet again. God, I keep messing up lately, and I'm becoming so tired of correcting/optimizing/uploading the same maps over and over again...

Give me a few minutes to change it...

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 01:04:35 pm »
Terra, I'm wondering if this is still on your plate, so to speak.

One of these Februaries (if I still do them month-themed), I'd like a Virtual Boy game to be featured as the Maps Of The Month.  It would certainly mix things up.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 02:17:37 pm »
It hasn't been forgotten or put on hold indefinitely. That's the best I can tell you.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Raccoon Sam

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 09:37:35 am »
What on earth are you ripping these with? I've heard that Red Dragon is a pain to work with...

In case you didn't know, R. Belmont is making a port of ViBE, a Virtual Boy Emulator for the Macintosh to Windows and Linux. Perhaps that'd help even a little?

Nonetheless, I loved VBWL, and I still do. Great maps, sir. Great maps.

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 10:01:12 am »
I just wish somebody would make a VB emulator with sound support. It's pretty dull without music.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 10:04:27 am »
I think I was ripping these with Reality Boy, a barely functional emulator with no usefull feature whatsoever. And I honestly don't know why I never tried any of the other emulator like Red Dragon. It's been a while and I lost all of my file recently.

I can tell you that they were among the most difficult and frustrating map to do. Since I can't disable layers at all, I was forced to separate everything by hand and assume in a lot of place where to remove pixels and where to keep them.

Using a useful emulator might motivate me to work on these again but as it is, they are at the bottom of the list. To preserve my sanity you understand...

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Raccoon Sam

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 11:14:17 am »
Oh yes. It's a miracle that one can withstand Virtual Boy's visual preference at all. :)

ViBE has full sound support, so that adds a bit of hope. The link of the man's website is escaping me at the moment, but when it's released, I'm sure to note about it to you. (Unless you've already mapped whole VBWL by then)

On a side note, I myself have ripped the first 8 tracks of Virtual Boy Wario Land. Be sure to check them out in my webpage if you want more feeling into the game;

http://raccoonsam.ifastnet.com/Virtual_Boy_Wario_Land_Music/

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2007, 01:11:28 pm »
Problem is, ViBE only works on Mac.

Thanks for those MP3s.