Author Topic: Real life game maps  (Read 8028 times)

Offline Maxim

Real life game maps
« on: May 25, 2008, 05:12:27 pm »
For some reason there's a couple of these linked via Boing Boing.

Super Mario car in Russia:

http://www.consolenewz.ru/content/view/2832/7/

Mega Man 2 room:

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll184/kidoverdrive/?albumview=grid

Offline RT 55J

RE: Real life game maps
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:49:44 pm »
I don't recognize that Mario level.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 06:59:39 am »
Not really "real life", perhaps just "physical applications of video game map artwork" or something.  Neat nonetheless.

We've all seen my printed-and-framed The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past's Light World map, but these require more effort to create.

For Mega Man II, why is Bubble Man's stage popular?  I recall seeing recently a Mario fan game with elements from other games, and the well-made Mega Man II stage was Bubble Man's.  There was something else too, don't remember what, that used Bubble Man's stage too.  Is it really that memorable?  What is it, the big fish, the water physics, the spikes?

A couple weeks ago someone emailed me asking if I could use Dr. Wily's skull (I assume it was either the skull logo you see when you reach the Skull Castle stages, either that or one of the Skull Castles themselves) as a tattoo.  o_0  Though I guess that's more just sprite artwork, I doubt he meant the entire interior.  :P

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:43:58 pm »
Re: Mario Car

I saw someone once with Sonic on his/her car several years ago.  It looked like a simple, single-color vinal decal, the Mario Car obviously being more complex.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:50:32 pm »
DarkWolf Said:
I saw someone once with Sonic on his/her car several years ago.  It looked like a simple, single-color vinal decal, the Mario Car obviously being more complex.

On a mostly unrelated note I made another impulse buy on eBay last week (didn't make a topic about it since my previous impulse buy topics weren't popular :P), and it was a chrome 10 cm x 10 cm (approx.) Autobot logo for my new car (which I have yet to pick up).

Wouldn't you get bored of a car or a room that looked like that?  I suppose you could sell the car to a superfan when you're tired of it.  But if you went to the trouble of designing that, then you're probably a superfan yourself.  :P  The room would be harder to sell, and it would suck if you weren't tired of it yet but had to move.

Offline Eggz

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 06:30:09 pm »
Well considering that right in the comments for the MegaMan room he says that it's his old apartment means he either found someone who liked it as is, or painted before selling. At least he had some pictures to share.

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!