Author Topic: Mega Man Robot Masters Tournament!  (Read 66758 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Mega Man Robot Masters Tournament!
« on: May 27, 2006, 04:27:27 pm »
Over the next ten (or eleven) days, the daily polls will feature a Mega Man Robot Master Tournament!

On the daily poll, you'll vote for your favourite Robot Master from each game.  The first day will be of bosses from Mega Man (including the two new Powered Up bosses), the second day will be of Mega Man II, the third day will be of Mega Man III, etc.  The ninth day will be of Mega Man & Bass, and the tenth day will be of all the nine past winners.  (If the polls are really close on the ninth day, it may delay the finals by a day...)

There's really no prizes, no major thing involving the winner or anything.  It's just for fun.

Air vs. Aqua vs. Astro vs. Blizzard vs. Bomb vs. Bright vs. Bubble vs. Burst vs. Burner vs. Centaur vs. Charge vs. Cloud vs. Clown vs. Cold vs. Crash vs. Crystal vs. Cut vs. Dive vs. Drill vs. Dust vs. Dynamo vs. Elec vs. Fire vs. Flame vs. Flash vs. Freeze vs. Frost vs. Gemini vs. Gravity vs. Grenade vs. Ground vs. Guts vs. Gyro vs. Hard vs. Heat vs. Ice vs. Junk vs. Knight vs. Magic vs. Magnet vs. Metal vs. Napalm vs. Needle vs. Oil vs. Pharaoh vs. Pirate vs. Plant vs. Quick vs. Ring vs. Search vs. Shade vs. Shadow vs. Skull vs. Slash vs. Snake vs. Spark vs. Spring vs. Star vs. Stone vs. Sword vs. Tengu vs. Time vs. Toad vs. Tomahawk vs. Top vs. Turbo vs. Wave vs. Wind vs. Wood vs. Yamato!

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Mega Man Robot Masters Tournament!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 04:54:29 pm »
Cool, though I don't know much about Oil and Time Man. Oh yeah, and my favourite Wily machines are the Skull-headed tank at the end of Mega Man 5 and the huge Wily Robot at the end of Mega Man IV on the Game Boy.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 04:57:46 pm »
No L-, U-, V-, X-, or Z- Men...

LUX TiZer is a 7th Saga character, and a robotic guy, too...the "7" looks like a spun-around V...

Or you could say that you LUV the new Mega Man XZ.

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 05:18:15 pm »
Hmm, I like lots of those guys. The Mega Man III ones are my favorites overall, though.

I haven't played much of Powered Up in a long time. I need to do that soon. It's pretty cool to be able to play as the robot masters.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 09:41:52 pm »
The day is almost over and there's only four votes?

If I didn't vote for Ice Man, there could've easily been a four-way tie...  >_<

Hopefully later days will get more votes...

Offline Revned

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 09:45:05 pm »
I voted Ice Man as well.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 11:05:06 pm »
Shit, I forgot to vote for MM1.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 10:45:46 am »
Who would you have voted for?

Looks like Metal Man is well on his way to victory today.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 11:08:35 am »
Definitely Cut Man. He just screams 'evil psycho cutting people with blades' to me.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 12:11:25 pm »
Revned Said:
Looks like Metal Man is well on his way to victory today.
Man, Quick Man was one I was hoping would make it to the finals.  Doesn't look likely now...

Red with a yellow "spoiler"...besides being Hot Rod-ish (okay, maybe not...) his weapon is pretty cool and useful too.  I guess people here rather prefer circular saw blades being tossed around.

At one point long ago I thought Metal Man and Quick Man were somehow the same guy.  Don't know why I thought that...

I like Mega Man II and III Robot Masters and Mega Man III stages.  Which is why I think Mega Man III is the best, especially with those Doc Robot stages to give the II guys a rematch of sorts.

For those of you wondering why I use Roman numerals...I prefer the in-game titles.  But Mega Man 8 will be 8 and not VIII because that's where the box and in-game title actually agree.  (There are exceptions I would make, like the Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular game whose in-game screen just says "Snoopy".)  I know some people use Roman numerals to refer to the Game Boy games but since so many games may share the same name as another but be totally different (Castlevania (NES/N64), Superman (NES/N64) (it's not actually called Superman 64), and several games that have handheld versions), I'd rather just specify the system and don't think I'm adding much to the confusion anyway.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 12:59:43 pm »
Personally, I prefer Roman numerals for the Game Boy games, but since it's not universally recognized, I also specify the system.

As for my choice of Metal Man, well the Metal Blades are my all-time favourite Mega Man weapon for the original series. They're fast, can fly out in any direction, consume little weapon energy and you can have three blades on the screen at once. Nothing else has been that versatile in the Blue Bomber's arsenal since in my opinion.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 03:52:04 pm »
Jon, how did you manage to quote only one line of my post? The "Quote" button just quotes the entire post.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 03:58:43 pm »
When I hit "Edit", I can edit the post as if it were HTML.  Hence, I can also edit posts to have images even if the post isn't mine and the original poster doesn't have the HTML: Images item.

I will ask Inty how to adjust what's available at what levels, so I can bump down the Shop/Bank and editing abilities.

Anyway, I hope Magnet Man gets some votes tomorrow.  Though Shadow Man is pretty cool, too.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 10:03:57 pm »
So, . . . who should I vote for next ;)

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 10:16:44 pm »
Speaking of edit JonLeung, any way for you to edit the first poll and add in my Cut Man vote? Just in case ;)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)