Author Topic: Game Boy Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)  (Read 103737 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Will's maps for all of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall Of The Foot Clan are now up, so now the Turtles In Trouble chapter has been started, which also means all chapters at least have something now.

Offline Will

I have completed Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game. Unfortunately only two stages of "Back from the Sewers" were mapable, because the rest of the stages are long, running through areas with only the boss room. I hope the third ninja turtle game is better than this.

Offline marioman

It's been a while since I played TMNT2 for the Game Boy, but I seem to remember that there were more than 2 stages that were mappable.  I believe that the only stages in the game that are not mappable are Act 2 and some of Act 6.  Correct me if I am wrong...

Offline Will

To honest with you, the other acts I find are quasi-mappable, which isn't quite enough. As for the third game, its got quite an extensive mine I'm going to take time to work on.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
"Quasi-mappable"?

In any case, the two maps Will made for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (II): Back From The Sewers are now up.

I notice we seem to be talking about Phantasy Star a bit recently in other topics.  Like Phantasy Star (IV): The End Of The Millennium, the box of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (II): Back From The Sewers has the Roman numeral sequelization, but the in-game title shot does not.  I hate it when that happens...hence the parentheses.

Offline Will

Who Framed Roger Rabbit maps have arrived. If you look at some, you'll see certain familiar things. The apes on the northeast part of Toontown look not unlike Donkey Kong and in Doom's mansion the robot dog more or less the very same one from Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Are the Who Framed Roger Rabbit maps in the correct order, Will?  I just took a guess.

Sorry I forgot to mention them.  I guess that just leaves Darkwing Duck for that chapter.

Are we certain nothing more can be done for TMNT(II): Back To The Sewers?

Offline Will

The roger maps are fine. As for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, I'll have to look into soon and should the stage be unmappable, I'll describe it.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Oh, I see.  Act 2 is an auto-scrolling skateboard stage.  Ergh.

Offline Will

I am now working on Darkwing Duck to finish the Disney chapter. I am already done with the first level and moving on.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Thanks for finishing off the Disney Dizziness chapter with your Darkwing Duck maps, Will.  :)

I'm pretty sure GameFAQs has the incorrect date of the release of this game.  No way it could have come out a couple years before the NES version.

Offline Maxim

With all due respect, GameFAQs is hardly an authoritative resource for anything. Somewhere like MobyGames is much more likely to have decent info. It lists the GB version as Feb 1993 and the NES version as Jun 1992.

Offline Will

I've have resumed work on The Legend of Zelda: Link's awakening (not the DX version), since it seems to be discontinued. If you were planning on transforming copies of the DX maps into grayscale versions with graphic editors, then don't try it, for there are small but noticeable differences between the two versions of Link's Awakening. I have done 2 out 10 dungeons so far.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Has it really been discontinued?  Revned called that one back in post #004...

Offline Will

That's what I thought considering the length of time between then and now, but I probably wasn't supposed to jump to a conclusion like that.