Author Topic: RE: Castlevania Maps  (Read 51871 times)

Offline RT 55J

RE: Castlevania Maps
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:53:53 pm »
I'm not that familiar with the CV series, so I'm not sure how accurate this list is.

[Category]:
[Game] - [Status]

CV 1 Remakes/Ports:
Vampire Killer (MSX2) - Complete
Commodore 64 - ??
Amiga - ??
IBM PC - ??
Haunted Castle - ??
Super Castlevania IV - Complete
Castlevania Chronicles - ??

NES:
Castlevania - Complete
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - Complete
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Complete
Kid Dracula - ??

SNES:
Super Castlevania IV - Complete
Castlevania: Dracula X - Complete

Game Boy:
Castlevania: The Adventure - Complete
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge - Complete
Castlevania: Legends - ??
Kid Dracula - ??

Game Boy Color:
Castlevania: The Adventure - Complete
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge - Complete

Genesis:
Castlevania: Bloodlines - Complete

PC-Engine/Turbografx:
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Complete

Playstation:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Complete

Game Boy Advance:
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - Complete
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - Complete
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Complete

Nintendo DS:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - ??
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - ??
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - ??

Mobile Phones:
Castlevania: Order of Shadows - ??

EDIT: Fixed formatting.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:04:56 am by RT 55J »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:11:59 am »
Good list, RT-55J.  I edited the list only a tiny bit, just adding Castlevania: Bloodlines on the Genesis.  (My brother was telling me about someone on GameFAQs who though for so many years that the title was "Castlevania: Bloodiness", heh...)  Initially I removed the Game Boy Color games as I was sure that was an error but Wikipedia lists them.  I was not aware that there were colorized remakes.  Anyway, they're back on the list.

I'll have to remember to rename "The Castlevania Adventure" to "Castlevania: The Adventure", not to mention fixing all those "CamelCaps".  (Force of habit...the early games clearly show stylization of the V that could be assumed to be capitalized.)  Also, I thought I had to fix "Chi no Rondo"'s English name to "Dracula X: Rondo Of Blood", but apparently thanks to the PSP remake, my initial "error" of calling it "Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood" turned out to be correct anyway.  :p

I notice you didn't list the 3D games.  Peardian is mapping Paper Mario (N64) so they wouldn't be impossible to map, per se.  I'm pretty sure someone started a topic just looking at the 3D data for Castlevania (N64)...  Not that we should expect maps of 3D games soon, I'm just saying.  But you could always edit them in when they come, if they come.

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:15:56 pm »
Nice list.  I guess I can now collect royalties from RT-55J for the use of my Ultimate Map List System (TM).  :P

I had always wondered which series would be the next one to get a list like my Mega Man list.  Oddly enough, I at one point was compiling a Castlevania map list, but I am just not enough of a Castlevania fan to be able to be able to compile such a list with any measure of accuracy.

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 08:11:58 pm »
Here's a few more Castlevania titles to add to the list of Castlevania mapping projects.

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (Sony PSP)

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (Playstation 2)

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (Playstation 2)

Castlevania: Judgment (Nintendo Wii)

Hope they can be posted to the list.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:11:41 pm »
I can't believe I forgot Bloodlines, especially considering the fact that it's one of the only one's I've actually played. >_<

Also, the colorized remakes of the first two GB games were only released in Europe IIRC, so I'm not surprised you didn't know about them.

I was considering adding the 3-D games, but it was late and I had to leave in the morning. I'll add them to the list now.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Will

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 03:10:33 am »
I have gotten around to mapping Castlevania Adventure (Game Boy Color) and finished and am already moving on to the second game. Wikipedia indeed indicate the existence of those games, but what they do not mention is that those games are combined with other Konami games in roms called "Konami GB Collection". The Castlevania GBC games come in the first and fourth Konami GB Collection volumes.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 04:14:33 pm »
I got around to renaming "The Castlevania Adventure" to "Castlevania: The Adventure".  Update your bookmarks if necessary.

Next step is to fix all those "CamelCaps"...  i.e. the unnecessarily capitalized V.  Not a total pain, but it'll take some time to be sure to catch every occurrence...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 05:02:57 pm »
Okay, it didn't take too long (yay, Search & Replace).  I'm pretty sure I got them all.  In the next few minutes the Castlevania maps might not link properly during the re-uploading of the HTML files.

I'll have to go into various posts (like the NES Game Atlas and its spin-offs) to fix the links, but I imagine there could be some other links within the forums, as well as links to our Castlevania maps from other sites, that may be broken for a while, though...

EDIT: Apparently the outside links might not be a concern, at least in Internet Explorer, it doesn't matter if a bookmark uses capital or lower case letters...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 05:38:42 pm »
I should be done.  :)

Now for the forums...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Castlevania Maps
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 06:21:41 pm »
This is the last you'll hear about my miscapitalized "V", I think, but I just wanted to point out I flushed it from the forums almost totally - and they weren't all my posts, but mostly - except for in one single post.

If someone's really bored, there's a scavenger hunt for you...find the one post in these forums with a capital "V" in "Castlevania".

(Of course it'd have to have a time/date earlier than this post, you can't just make one now.  :p)

Offline alucard

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 11:13:58 am »
Can someone map Haunted Castle, the Castlevania Arcade game?  

Actually is this post being made as a request for people to map the remaining Castlevania games?  No maps have been made for any of the Castlevania games for DS, PS2, PSP, N64 and also Castlevania Chronicles for Playstation.

Offline Revned

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 11:21:35 am »
This is basically a checklist for the 2D Castlevania games. The 3D ones aren't really doable, at least not in the sense the others are.

I know I shouldn't think about it before I finish with SotN, but I have considered working on some of the DS ones. No$GBA emulates them very well, but I don't think you can disable layers with the free version. Last time I tried, Desmume had some minor graphics glitches, but it seemed promising otherwise. In short, they should be mappable eventually, but there will have to be some creative solutions to the rooms with 3D backgrounds.

Offline alucard

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 02:55:38 pm »
I would love to see all the Castlevania games for the DS mapped, along with Haunted Castle, the Castlevania arcade game from the 80's, and Castlevania Chronicles if possible.  I am sure all Castlevania fans would love to see these maps.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 11:34:58 am »
no$GBA debug version would have allowed to disable the graphic layers as well as explore the maps, sprites and 3D models in memory, but the author has been missing in action for some time, making the acquisition of that version next to impossible.

---

Current project: Not sure yet

Upcoming project: Not sure yet either
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 09:49:43 am »
The Game Boy Color version of Castlevania: The Adventure is now up, though I put it under Konami GB Collection: Vol. 1 because as far as I know it was never released as a standalone cartridge.

Also, I fixed the copyright date on the original Castlevania: The Adventure.  (And on a related note renamed Contra (GB) to Operation C when I noticed it was wrong while sorting out the Konami GB Collection links.)

I'm only human, so I can make mistakes.  And I don't mind you guys correcting me, in fact, in most cases I would want you to.