VGMaps
November 20, 2017, 02:50:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restrictions  (Read 5546 times)
Jade

« on: June 06, 2006, 11:12:09 PM »

Arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

I cant edit, shop, view PMs, etc until next level

arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!

make me go higher or i will explode to bits

aaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Revned

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:10:41 AM »

See, Jon?

JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 06:41:24 AM »

>_<

I'm pretty sure I asked Inty to lower the shop and edit-capability levels.

These forums are nice, and with lots of options, but there are still a lot of things that there aren't simple toggles for.

Must be a way for Inty to keep his "job" until I learn how to get into the code and tweak it myself.
TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 06:53:30 AM »

Let's hope he does his job soon. So far, these forums have been much more limited for a longer time than the previous one, and Inty claimed they were supposedly better !?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me

Current project that I really should try to finish:
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)
-Lilly Looking Through (PC)

Pending project:
-A ton of stuff that will never be finished
Revned

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 09:41:52 AM »

There wasn't really anything wrong with the old forums, either. Inty said these would be easier for him to maintain, but if he's never here, then who cares?

bustin98
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 10:48:20 AM »

Well, you know, there are other coders around . . . some even know PHP . . . and visit the site on a daily basis . . .

---

Cool beans
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 11:31:26 AM »

What are you implying, bustin98?  I can guess but I'd rather you say what you meant...
bustin98
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 02:11:38 PM »

Just that if you put out a request for a 'backup' person to go to for changes in the forums, or the rest of the site for that matter, I would be willing to see what I can do.

And you can trust me, as I'm sure you feel. I manage over 100 sites as it is now.

That's what I'm saying.

---

Cool beans
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 04:46:44 PM »

A hundred?  o_0

Is that a reasonable approximation or hyperbole?

Almost makes me wonder why you come here if you have a hundred likely better places to hang out...

I will discuss things with Inty next chance I get.  I'm not about to boot someone off of here, so I'll see what Inty's schedule is like and work things from there.
bustin98
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 07:32:27 PM »

Well, I don't mean to displace anyone. Just if Inty has other things and I have a free moment, it would be nothing to pop in the backend and make some adjustments.

And by manage 100 sites, I mean that I'm a webmaster of my own server and there are over 100 sites hosted on my server. And each one I have had my fingers in. A nimber of them have database applications, similar to what this forum uses.

And those sites aren't places to hang out. . .

I take some time to browse PlanetGamecube and Gamecritics, so just three forums get my attention. I wrote a simple forum for a ametuer film making site, but its not very busy, though it may pick up once the film starts hitting the film festivals.

---

Cool beans
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: