Author Topic: Mega Man 10 Announced  (Read 32180 times)

Offline Revned

Re: Mega Man 10 Announced
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 01:41:25 pm »

Offline marioman

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 02:34:07 pm »
The boss designs are interesting.  I am particularly liking the designs for Chill Man and Solar Man.  (Although Chill Man reminds me of Mr. Freeze from Batman.)  Rumor is that there will be high quality scans available soon so stay tuned.

EDIT: IGN has put up lots of official artwork as well as a new article which outlines the Robot Masters' abilities.  Enjoy.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:44:10 pm by marioman »

Offline Revned

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 01:17:05 am »
I cleaned up the sprites from IGN's gallery. I had to redraw Chill Man's crystal manually, so it might not be perfect.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 06:32:31 am »
Overall, I like them more than those in MM9, as they're closer in style to the more detailed Robot Masters from the later half of the NES games. Similarily, the stages themselves have better backgrounds (heck, they just plain *have* backgrounds now).
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 02:31:49 pm »
IGN just released a few videos of the game, including the intro.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:00:38 pm by RT 55J »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 09:49:46 pm »
Yipes!  I didn't realize this game is coming out tomorrow!   :o

Offline marioman

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 04:39:00 pm »
On a related note, Bass has been confirmed as the third playable character.  It should be noted that this is the first mainstream Mega Man game to have all three of the Light/Wily robots (Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass) as playable characters.  Well, I guess the arcade games allowed you to play as all three of them, but the arcade games don't necessarily count as mainstream games...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:39:52 pm by marioman »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 08:06:19 am »
Looks like everybody's too busy playing the game to actually talk about it!

I can't comment too much myself seeing as I haven't reached Wily's Castle yet, but so far this game is really fun, but overall a tiny step down from Mega Man 9. The graphics are better (actual backgrounds, yeah!) but the music is a bit less memorable than that of the previous game, although I am ever so glad that they didn't outright recycle a bunch of songs like 9 did (stage selected, Wily's castle, etc).

(As an aside, in retro-gaming I hate when a game re-uses old material for nostalgia's sake instead of doing something new but in the style of the old material. A good example would be Sonic The Hedgehog 4 which will start with a blatant Green Hills ripoff called Splash Hills which sports the exact same badniks. I'd much prefer a new zone but done in the style of the typical "tropical" introductory zone.)

Oh yeah, and the weapons don't feel anywhere near as useful as those of the previous games which almost all had special uses. I'll post more once I've seen more of the game.
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 12:30:22 pm »
I just finished the 8 robot masters, and I must say I was a bit disappointed at how obvious the boss order was. I guessed it on my first try. I liked in the others how you'd have to experiment with the combinations for awhile until you found it. Also, the weapons seemed difficult to use effectively. MM9 had weapons that were easy to use and were useful outside of the robot master fights, but these are pretty boring.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 10:20:05 pm »
Finished it tonight. Very good in general, but that ending was really short and disappointing.

*Loved* seeing the last stage going all the way up on the map  ;D. It was about time they did something interesting with it.
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 04:53:25 pm »
Played it, beat it.  Very nice addition to the series.  It sort of reminds me of Mega Man 5/6 instead of MM2.  Hard Mode is particularly nice feature since Mega Man games can sometimes have a tendency to be a little easy.  (Especially after you have played them a few times.)  Not sure if I like MM10 better than MM9, but I will say that both are very good games in their own regard.