Author Topic: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time  (Read 9528 times)

Offline Anwonu

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
« on: July 20, 2010, 01:56:09 pm »
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm planning to do the maps for this game. I know Peardian has this on the maybe list, and Will has one posted, but I didn't see any in progress. I have a few maps done, but most with no items, which I don't know how to display.

The image attached is an example. My initial plan was putting just the image and a few words if it was a super or if there was more than one. But a floating text would be a bit strange, so I tried boxes (some modified). But they take some space, so I don't know if I should use them for all items.

So, I'd like to know the opinion of people here. Also, I'd like to know if anyone else is currently doing some map for this game as well.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:30:23 pm »
You can try removing some of the vertical blank space inside the word bubble. If it still proves to be too much, you can have the labels off to the side or use a key. I don't really have a main suggestion, as I didn't bother with labeling items in Superstar Saga.

I don't mind if you map it, so long as you map it well. ;)
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Piranhaplant

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 05:53:11 pm »
You could try making the boxes semi-transparent and see how that looks.
Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)

Offline Anwonu

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 06:10:32 pm »
Here's some changes of the 1st image. Its not that hard to change the box size, just a bit annoying.

Or I could just really forget about the items and submit without them, like Peardian said he did with SS. But I didn't map the enemies either, which would be basically only the pure maps.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 08:22:02 pm »
The transparent boxes make them harder to read more than anything. I like the idea of just showing the icon (since only the badges/pants share icons), but if you didn't include enemies either, I see no harm in leaving out the item labels as well.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!