Author Topic: Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth  (Read 11181 times)

Offline alucard

Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
« on: September 25, 2010, 07:50:33 pm »
Would it be possible to map this game? This is not the original Game Boy version, I mean the one they made specifically for the Wii last year. Also is there a way to get the monster sprites from the game even though its only on Virtual Console?

Offline Trop

Re: Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 09:00:04 pm »
I know it's possible to get stuff out of Wii games because I've seen a YouTube video of a game character replaced by the Princess Zelda model from Twilight Princess.  But I have no idea how it's actually done.

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:06:06 pm »
Last time I tried it on the Dolphin emulator it crashed. Don't know if it works nowadays. But it should be possible to map if it works at all like Mega Man 9/10 did.

[EDIT] Actually, it looks like it emulates just fine in Dolphin. It would be difficult to manage the backgrounds, since you can't toggle layers, but it is probably doable. I don't have the time or I'd at least give it a shot.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:53:28 pm by Revned »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 07:13:36 am »
The annoying thing with modern 2D games is that (I think) they are no longer constrained to a specific system's "hardware" layers. They pretty much handle everything in software so the only thing the hardware (and the emulator) gets to display is the final image. That is, unless you happen to be some sort of programming god but they seem to be quite rare nowadays...
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 06:27:36 pm »
Games that don't utilize hardware layers still sometimes use buffer images to do layering.  If that's the case those buffers would be in memory and might be accessible.