Author Topic: NES Game Atlas: recreation  (Read 95986 times)

Offline Captain Drake

RE: NES Game Atlas: recreation
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 03:44:55 pm »
Just finished up the last StarTropics II maps, so if Jon puts those up today as well then that's done.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 04:24:56 pm »
Sweet!  Thanks!  I put up the remaining DuckTales 2 maps earlier today (from Will Mallia), and the Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II maps just now (from Captain Drake), which means all that's left is Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link!

I think there's just a couple towns left to map; I think Rick Bruns will get around to that.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 10:09:36 am by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 08:58:13 pm »
BIG NEWS!

Rick Bruns has mapped the final three towns, in Zelda II...now the entire NES Game Atlas has been recreated on VGMaps.com!  As well as the other games in the covered series!  Thanks to everyone who contributed!

When I finish the front page random thumbnails for all of them, maybe I'll add them to this topic too.

I don't feel like making a "Super NES Game Atlas" creation topic...not at this second, anyway.  Though I've already put up Ninja Gaiden Trilogy maps and I have a Disney's Bonkers map in the queue, I think some of you are already prepared that I will soon.  But for now, let us enjoy the NES maps together...

Offline marioman

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 05:57:11 am »
Congratulations!  That makes two big projects completed in the same month.  Absolutely amazing.

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 09:30:00 am »
That explains why you kept on asking about the final maps for Zelda II.  I did not realize this project was underway.  I guess I need to check the forms once in a while.  I got the NES Game Atlas Guide back when it first came out in the early 90's.  In fact I was using it as a reference for the creation of the Zelda II maps.  I think it's great we have all the games in that guide and then some all mapped out.

Offline marioman

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 06:02:05 am »
There's a stray HUD on the Ruto map for LoZ II.  Just pointing it out.

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 05:07:02 pm »
Thanks, I will update the map as soon as I get a chance.  Let me know if any of you see anything else.

Offline Will

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2008, 10:09:42 pm »
Why exactly is Castlevania II having more maps submitted or updated? I thought Rick finished the game, but something might have been left out.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 07:00:30 am »
The last couple towns, the last castle, and another full map with all the enemies and details were added late yesterday.

Offline Will

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 10:51:52 am »
I've just finished mapping and sending the maps of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters". I'm sure you missed that out on the list. But perhaps the recreation chapters are more or less, long and packed enough.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 11:07:52 am »
In one of the fastest updates ever, I put it up.  Good catch, Will.

Okay, NOW the Atlas is complete.  Or completER, if there's something else I forgot.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 12:44:59 pm »
Hey folks. I was working on Star Tropics II, cause I didn't see it in the list, but it seems it's there actually under Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics II. Ialways thought it was Star Tropics II - Zoda's Revenge. Oh well. How long has it been there?

I am actually playing it though now again. I'm only at chapter 4 though. I have a hard copy of it in very good condition. I never got to finish it. I only played til' chapter 6 I think. (was several years back..) Didn't know there were like 9 chapters so I guess I still have some playing left. These maps could help me out so Thanks Capn' Drake,whereever you are, and WHOEVER you are. Heh, Mr. Mapper dude.

Offline Will

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 01:23:56 pm »
A similar event happened to me when I began to make maps of SMS "Master of Darkness", not realising it was an alternate title of the already mapped "Vampire" by Darkwolf...Oops I made a mistake.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 04:06:38 pm »
According to Maxim I used a lesser known version of the name.  Ooops as well.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2008, 03:51:32 am »
Are there any differences between the games? "Vampire" seems to be a pre-release beta version and may have minor differences.