Author Topic: 2012/02: Sword Of Mana (GBA) - Troy Lundin, Tropicon and Paco  (Read 24570 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2012/02: Sword Of Mana (GBA) - Troy Lundin, Tropicon and Paco
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:42:06 pm »

For this month's "Maps Of The Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to Troy Lundin's, Tropicon's and Paco's Sword Of Mana (GBA) maps.

Sword Of Mana is the prequel to Secret Of Mana, as well as a remake of the Game Boy game Seiken Densetsu (as it's known in Japan), also known as Final Fantasy Adventure (in North America) or Mystic Quest (in Europe).  Like any other Mana game, it features gorgeous graphics and captivating gameplay.

You know what I really love?  If you haven't guessed it, I love maps of RPGs, thoroughly marked with everything I would need to know.  I mean, wow, just look at the "Hot House" in this game.  Despite being a small area, there's so much info there!  That truly is hot.  And though the majority of the maps featured as Maps Of The Month were each created by a single person, it's such a wonderful thing when people can work together to create something beautiful.  Troy Lundin created the raw maps, then Tropicon and Paco filled in the sprites and details.  That's teamwork!

So to recognize the effort put into working harmoniously, Troy Lundin's Tropicon's and Paco's Sword Of Mana (GBA) maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps Of The Month for February 2012.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:48:31 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Trop

Re: 2012/02: Sword Of Mana (GBA) - Troy Lundin, Tropicon and Paco
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 02:59:15 pm »
Yep, team-ups are fun, much less work too.  A whole bunch of people worked on the big Castlevania map right?  Was that the only time that happened?  We should do something like that again.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:07:48 pm »
Revned and I sorta worked together to map both Zelda Oracle games for the GBC. We each mapped one game but worked out various details so that both map sets would have a near identical presentation.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:57:53 pm »
What an honor!

If you really want to do some teamwork stuff again, I have some more raw scenes collecting dust on my HDD. I have FFIVa and FFIIa scenes completed if someone wants to put them together.

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 06:54:20 pm »
Great job on those maps, they are of great quality!

Offline Polanskee

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 04:18:03 am »
What an honor!

If you really want to do some teamwork stuff again, I have some more Winsol benefits raw scenes collecting dust on my HDD. I have FFIVa and FFIIa scenes completed if someone wants to put them together.

Did you make this map Troy? I must say that this is one of my all time fav maps, what are some of the others you have made?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 04:53:13 am by Polanskee »