Author Topic: (GBA) Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls  (Read 87641 times)

Offline Trop

Re: (GBA) Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 08:34:13 pm »
Great.  I'll post them to VGMapper as I finish them so you can check them one at a time, then when were all done I'll send them to Jon.

Altair:
http://www.vgmapper.com/SysGBA/F/FinalFantasy1and2DawnofSoulsAltair_02.png
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:34:36 pm by Trop »

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 01:32:06 am »
Ok, I guess I should step in before you get too much done.

Would it be possible to make the background color a dark gray or something? Pure white is terribly ugly. Also, there are separate scenes for Altair after it's destroyed. They are 012F, 0130, 0131, 0143, 0144. The normal ones are 00FD to 0101. They are different so maybe make a separate map for each version of the towns?

I know the scenes seem out of order in the list, but that is how they are ordered in the game code. Enjoy. :D

Offline Trop

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 12:29:46 pm »
And that's why were doing them one at a time.  Ok I switched it to black how's that?  You want no white on all maps?  Did I get them all?

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »
Looks good.

I not trying to be unreasonable, I just feel they should be accurate. Would be silly to think the doors in the destroyed town lead to the non-destroyed shops. :D

Offline Trop

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »
That will be the format then, and don't be afraid to tell me if I got something wrong.

Gatrea:
http://www.vgmapper.com/SysGBA/F/FinalFantasy1and2DawnofSoulsGatrea_02.png

Offline Trop

Offline Trop

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 10:58:54 pm »
Poft:
http://www.vgmapper.com/SysGBA/F/FinalFantasy1and2DawnofSoulsPoft_02.png

Your initial rips of the bombed out pub and inn were bad here.

Offline Trop

Offline Trop

Offline Paco

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 10:20:27 am »
Can i ask you to add Shoplist on the Maps?

other than that: I like it. *drool*
Legends never dies.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 11:00:14 am »
Lovin' em!

One thing though...probably should've said something earlier, though I can understand if you just take this as my opinion and nothing more, but I don't think the Comic font really fits.

Personally, the Comic font doesn't fit much except for comics and lighter fare.  I had a co-worker who liked to work with professional-looking Excel forms but she seemed to really liked to use the Comic font which drove me up the wall because I thought of it as the equivalent of filling forms out in crayon.  Not that comics are juvenile, but I still don't think it looks right on forms, and similarly I'm not fond of it on these maps.  Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if this font was on maps of something lighter-hearted than Final Fantasy...

But again, just my opinion.  :P  Even if you totally disregard that, and/or wholly disagree with me, I would still be more than ecstatic to host these maps once they are complete.  The font is far from any make-it-or-break-it point - not that detailed, quality maps such as these ever would have any reason to be rejected.  :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:10:18 am by JonLeung »

Offline Trop

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 11:41:02 am »
First of all, Semitt Falls:
http://www.vgmapper.com/SysGBA/F/FinalFantasy1and2DawnofSoulsSemittFalls_02.png

Now about shop lists or other extras; if I wasn't knee deep in Grandia I might, but I am so no.  I've been ripping 10 songs a day from Grandia and I'm up to 90 even though I'm not even half way through the game.  At this point I think I might just pass the 250 mark before I finish.  It's going to be quite a soundtrack.

Now about Comic Sans.  This is the oldest map I ever made:
http://www.vgmapper.com/SysSNES/S/SecretofEvermoreEbonKeepSewers_02.png
Ignore the date, that's just an update, this thing was made in 03.  Back then for some reason I chose Comic as it's title.  Since they were my first I was really proud of the ensuing Evermore maps I made and so that title became my like my signature.  On all following maps my stamp became a screenshot game title followed by a Comic 22 bold area name and a Comic 12 normal "made by".

Over the years I did drift away from my stamp from time to time but then I stumbled on a web comic rant against Comic Sans.  It was so full of hate and venom, and for no reason at all.  These people talked like the font itself had actually done something to hurt them.  I was furious, It had served me so well and supported me so much.  It was like they were attacking an old friend.  As I only found more hate for it all around the net I decided to make it a my permanent stamp giving all the haters the finger and to support what had supported me.  So no, I will not part with this particular font.

Offline Trop

Offline Trop

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 01:53:30 pm »
Looking good. :D