Author Topic: (GBA) Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls  (Read 87604 times)

Offline Paco

Re: (GBA) Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2012, 05:00:40 am »
On NES there are many hidden Passage through the Wall. See for example Arena or Mysidia Cave. It's be the same on GBA too. Can you mark them too? with different Color for example?
Legends never dies.

Offline Trop

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2012, 05:00:13 pm »
They're still there in this game.  But I only discovered them half way through so I didn't mark them.  There's also hidden shops in the dungeons and some other things but like I said before I can't spend that much time on these maps right now.  There's a good chance I'll go back later and revamp them though since these are some of the most popular maps on VGMapper.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 09:09:37 pm »
If it hasn't been mentioned before, "any" (that's the username) has already contributed maps here for this game, and I see some things interesting:

Differences:
-there are a number of name differences between any's maps and yours:
Altair/Altea, Arena/Coliseum, Bafsk/Bofsk, Black Mask Cave/Tropical Island, Castle Palamecia/Castle Paramecia, Castle Pandemonium/Pandemonium, Cave Of Mysidia/Mysidian Cave, Cyclone/Whirlwind, Dreadnaught/The Dreadnought, Fynn/Phin, Fynn Castle/Phin Castle, Gatea/Gatrea, Kashuan Keep/Kashuon Keep, Palm/Paloom, Semite Falls/Semitt Falls, Snow Cave/Snow Cavern
-you've also mapped Machanon, Miscellaneous, Salamand, Unknown Cave and Unknown Palace, and all the dead-end rooms in every map
-any's got shop information

Similarities:
-you both happen to like the Comic font (>_>)

And again I run into the issue of whose maps to feature.  While I do like that you've mapped more areas, and included all the little rooms too, I do like the shop information that any has...

Offline Trop

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2012, 10:12:53 pm »
How the hell did I miss the fact that somebody already did this!?  I'm just not paying attention lately.  Look, don't sacrifice anybody else's stuff to post mine.  Just add the areas he missed and I'll, I dunno, work on making what I have better.

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2012, 12:19:56 am »
Wow, I didn't know someone else did maps for this, either. How unprofessional of me. :(

On a side note, all the names I provided in my text file were taken directly from the status menu of the game.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2012, 07:57:03 am »
There was a text file...?  All I got was a link to the bitmaps instead of pngs...  Apparently I'm missing something here?

So the name differences...is it perhaps a translation difference?  Was any was using names that were translated from the Japanese version?  I get that impression with Palamecia/Paramecia (L and R indifference) as well as Semite Falls/Semitt Falls (tendency to have more vowels in Japanese).  On that note, are any's names of items in his shop listings correct?

I'm still contemplating what to do.

If it hasn't been mentioned, did you have plans to add shop listings, and do you have plans to map Final Fantasy (I) as well?

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2012, 09:34:01 am »
The text file was added to the zip of the raw scenes so that they could be sorted easier. I'll attach it to this post for easier viewing. the differences are most likely lost in translation issues. :D

I already have all the FF1 scenes captured. I'll put them together and show you. :D

Offline Trop

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2012, 11:51:58 am »
Any was using his own translations, I only used what I found in the game.
Yes I will upgrade these maps to include shop lists, flags, monster lists, and everything else just not right now.  I want to finish the Grandia project first and that probably won't happen until mid August.
I'm not going to do FF1 with screenshot maps but Troy already has so he can throw those together like he said.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2012, 05:51:10 pm »
The maps are now up, I hope to see the full info versions one day.

In the meantime, you could probably send me a preferred order since the alphabetical listing is probably not the best...and I'm too lazy to check GameFAQs right now...  >_>
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:51:26 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Paco

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2012, 04:35:24 am »
In the meantime, you could probably send me a preferred order since the alphabetical listing is probably not the best...and I'm too lazy to check GameFAQs right now...  >_>

For that check this Thread. He posted the Maps in order from first to last.
Legends never dies.