VGMaps
April 20, 2018, 06:15:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magical Hat no Buttobi Turbo! Daibouken (for the Mega Drive)  (Read 4859 times)
Zetta

« on: January 29, 2013, 01:11:43 AM »

Yes, that title is a mouthful. It's a super rare Mega-Drive platformer from Vic Tokai based on an obscure 80s anime show of the same name. It's essentially the Japanese version of Decap Attack from 1990.

Since there's a complete set of Decap Attack maps on this web-site, I would love to see a set of maps from 'Magical Hat no Buttobi Turbo! Daibouken' to go long with it. Pretty Please!!!  Wink
Zetta

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:16:02 PM »

As far as I know no one on the internet has made a map of any of the 21 levels in this game, although there's a lot of gameplay walktrhoughs for it on YouTube. I wonder if anyone here at vgmaps (like Dark Wolf) has ever heard of it, since it's much less popular than its bastardized Western version: 'Decap Attack.' The following link contains some basic information about this rare colorful 16-bit platformer gem:

http://www.segagagadomain.com/megadrive/magical-hat.htm

Does anyone have this game and is willing to put the time into it!?!

Muchos Gracias!!!
DarkWolf

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »

I haven't replied to this because I haven't mapped in quite a while and I'm pretty busy until after the first of March getting ready for a convention I'm helping out with.  Since no one has taken the challenge and since I have the experience doing the others I may do this one eventually, but I can't make any promises.
Zetta

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »

Well, allrighty then. I won't keep my hopes up by I am pleased to hear you're interested in taking this little Japanese Mega-Drive project up.

Good luck on that upcoming convention of yours.  Wink
DarkWolf

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:44:05 AM »

Fortunately, the game uses the same memory addresses for levels and backgrounds, so my scripts for Decapattack worked perfectly.  I did manage to get the first set of levels done, but this will probably be it for a few weeks, as I have to fly to the east coast next week or the week after, in addition to the convention stuff I mentioned earlier.  Jon, please consider this post a submission, and perhaps move this to maps in progress?

Here's the logo:

Level 1-1
Level 1-2
Level 1-3
Zetta

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 03:06:20 AM »

I love the spiffy Japanese logo. Thank god the DecapAttack scripts worked perfectly for this rare Japanese game.

Domo arigato, DarkWolf-san! The first set of maps look great, and I love how you include all of the enemy and item locations throughout.

Cheesy
Zetta

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 11:45:50 AM »

Hey DarkWolf, how is the convention going for you on the east coast??

Have you had time to work some more on this Decap Attack clone lately?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: