VGMaps
February 21, 2018, 09:30:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NES Open Tournament Golf  (Read 2642 times)
Revned

« on: August 17, 2014, 02:48:48 PM »

This is a little different for me. I actually did 2/3 of these waaay back when Wii Sports came out since several of the golf courses there are based on this game. It was interesting to see the similarities. I finally got around to finishing them up today and adding headers, so now I can submit them and cross them off my TODO list at long last.

Interestingly, the actual hole/flag locations change in each playthrough. These maps would look weird without them, so I just went with whatever I got.

TerraEsperZ

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »

I think I'm showing my mapping obsession by saying I wish all the individual courses would fit neatly on a overarching overworld Smiley.

I've never played that game, nor have I ever played any sports game on any console with the exception of Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf (NES) and only because I had exchanged my copy of Duck Tales to a friend for it during a weekend. And all I remember of that game to this day is the soundtrack.

Current project that I really should try to finish:
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)
-Lilly Looking Through (PC)

Pending project:
-A ton of stuff that will never be finished
Revned

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 05:29:34 PM »

I've only played this while mapping it Smiley  It actually seems really solid for a NES game, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it's first-party and late in the life of the NES.

alucard

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 03:55:28 PM »

This is the game that helped launch the Mario Golf series. Great maps, btw
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:55:44 PM by alucard » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: