Author Topic: PIGN forum from 2004  (Read 26708 times)

Offline KingKuros

PIGN forum from 2004
« on: August 24, 2006, 09:31:00 pm »
I found this in the Wayback Machine, unfortunately the threads didn't make the archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040610100712/http://www.pign.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Here's a history of Vgmaps.com.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.vgmaps.com

Offline Revned

RE: PIGN forum from 2004
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 08:08:57 am »
I never tried to find those forums. Good job. You can see the first parts of the posts if you hover your cursor over the links.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 06:04:16 am »
That first post (#4703) really brings back memories.

Oh, er... incase you didn't know, I was "matthewcollinson". I can remember, a post, I think I made, where I requested maps for DKL, or something, and I didn't get a reply, for 4 weeks or something, and then I sort of er... had a tantrum :lol:.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 10:45:28 am »
Didn't you also ask continuously for all the maps for several games during the last iteration of this board? If so, then you dramatically improved your Internet behaviour, because I remember wanting to reach out and just strangle that guy while you haven't inspired such behaviour in me (yet!) >:)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 11:59:56 am »
Um... can you, if possible, link me to this thread, if you can find it?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 01:02:48 pm »
It hasn't been archived along with the old threads that Revned found. All I remember is someone who kept asking, post after post, for the same maps, which was about every single map from every single Donkey Kong Country & Super Mario Bros game ever made.

Revned and I kept saying that the request board was in reality more of a suggestion one, and that there was no way any single mapper could accomplish a tenth of what he was asking for in less than a year. He never replied and just kept requesting the same maps again.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 01:14:21 pm »
I think there actually was someone else on the old boards who kept asking for Donkey Kong Country maps. He'd keep coming back every month or so and yell at us for not having done any of them. Maybe he was also dbarrier54. I'll look for the topic.

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 06:02:31 am »
No, I'm pretty sure that was me. I remember quite clearly, asking for Donkey Kong Land, and Donkey Kong Country maps, and then shouting at you because not only hadn't you made any, you hadn't even replied to even say whether you'd do them or not. If the topic starter is 'matthewcollinson', 'Matthew Collinson', or like that, then, that was me.

Try and find it anyway. Because I want to see how bad I used to be (roflmfao).

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 08:09:08 pm »
And there is this one too still up.

http://p200.ezboard.com/bvgmapsforum

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 09:28:11 am »
Either I'm doing something wrong here, or these are actually taking hours to load ... (or both) <_<

Offline osrevad

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 11:10:11 am »
I actually remember you asking for all of those maps, and I thought, "who does this guy think is, asking for all those maps?"

Offline marioman

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 04:54:26 pm »
Actually, he thinks that he is the only person on the board who is allowed to necropost.  Interesting...

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 04:19:02 am »
No I was just asking if it was just me or if the things were taking a long time to load.

Offline marioman

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 06:30:03 am »
Archive.org is slow all of the time.  It's not worth bumping a topic that is nearly 2 years old.

My point is that you shouldn't go around blowing the whistle on everyone who necroposts if you plan to do it yourself.