Author Topic: Mission Impossible for NES  (Read 14524 times)

Offline shao

Mission Impossible for NES
« on: October 13, 2017, 01:48:44 pm »
Hi, I'm creating a retro video game that uses the same camera position as Mission Impossible.
I entered to search the map to use it as reference but it does not exist.
Someone would like to get it ?.

Thanks to everyone who gets the maps, this is a website that I often visit.
Thank you!.

Offline mechaskrom

Re: Mission Impossible for NES
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:37:52 pm »
I'm interested in mapping this game so I'll give it a try.
Some tools and other stuff I've made:
https://github.com/mechaskrom

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:39:16 am »
I thought of doing this game. But if no one has tried mapping it or played it - WARNING - Game is Very Hard!

I'm probably gonna break a week or so before finishing up or starting anything not announced yet which for goodness sake - is None.

Offline mechaskrom

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 11:12:33 pm »
Yeah, it's a hard game, but pretty good with nice graphic and sound. A typical Konami NES game.

It turned out to be a hard game to map also.  >:(  :'(
I'll probably need to do a lot of manual work to rip everything. It'll take some time, but I'm slowly making progress.

Offline Matthäus1977

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 02:13:16 pm »
Yes, this is not mapped yet. And it is not easy. I always made it to the Water Boat Level. Maybe to the Snow Level for a few Times. There was a Cutscene with a Airplane if i remember right. Can you add also the Intro, Cutscenes, Briefing to the Levels? And the different Titlescreens Ultra/Palcom. End Sequence too.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:15:01 pm by Matthäus1977 »

Offline mechaskrom

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 07:17:23 pm »
Can you add also the Intro, Cutscenes, Briefing to the Levels? And the different Titlescreens Ultra/Palcom. End Sequence too.

Even if nice to have I think things like these are out of scope for maps. I like to keep it simple so I try to avoid adding to much superfluous stuff.
Maybe I'll add some screenshots from cutscenes if they don't take up to much space. Sorry to disappoint you, but I hope you'll still like the maps.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 09:52:54 am »
Yes, this is VGMaps, not "VGAllGraphicalAssets".

Of course it's up to the mapper how to handle them if at all, but I wouldn't be opposed to including titles and cut scenes and anything else as long as they are neatly arranged and part of an image that is still mostly a map.  Like opening sequence shots with the map of the first stage/area, that kind of thing.  Though it could be considered spoileriffic to include end stuff with the last stage/area... hmmm.  In any case, just like the maps themselves, anything else added should all be kept as neat and simple as possible.

I only mapped the first couple areas of Totally Rad (NES), but I always felt that if I were to redo them or request that someone do them, that the cut scenes could be included in the maps, since the '80s/'90s surfer slang is amusing to me.  But as with any game I would be quite pleased with just the maps, as that is the point.

Offline Matthäus1977

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 05:05:07 am »
Thank you, the final Map´s turned out well. It is good to have an overview of a full stage. Nice to see how the game Designer´s imaginied they have to look.
A cutscene Pic (or more) is missing by the way, the one with the Submarine. Do not remember now.