Author Topic: Trying to create camera/position control cheat  (Read 11487 times)

Offline Fishing_Minigame

Trying to create camera/position control cheat
« on: March 27, 2019, 01:25:24 am »
Hi Everyone,

So I've started mapping Jim Henson's the Muppets for Gameboy Color for my girlfriend, as it was a game she had as a kid and there are basically no resources for it online. Unfortunately, between the clunky jump controls and the fall damage I'm having a heck of a time getting complete captures of the areas. I've been trying to work out how to manipulate either the character or the camera position with VBA's look for cheat function and so far all of the addresses I've tried to isolate just crash the game. Would anyone be able to give me a hand, or point me in the right direction?

Offline G.E.R.

Re: Trying to create camera/position control cheat
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 03:01:38 am »
Maybe my advice is off topic, I don't know how how are created a maps for this console.
But if you working on personal computer, you can uses Cheat Engine for mapping. You find values that determines the coordinates of the character/screen (or other value) and froze this value. When you set a new coordinates (without unfroze value!), the game will hold the character in the air (if the game will not fail)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 03:03:34 am by G.E.R. »

Offline dark_lord_zagato@yahoo.co

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:43:23 pm »
Try these. I nabbed some position axis codes from VBA's memory editor.

01??5FC1 This is the horizontal axis code. Better to just change the value in the memory editor (C15F) as you need to. 00 is the far left of the screen and FF is the right. You should be able to get inside of walls with this.

01??66C1 This is the vertical axis. I see what you mean by fall damage, but if you enter this as a gameshark code and set the value to 00 you can float at the top of the screen, and move left or right as you wish. This is C166 in the memory editor.

Offline Fishing_Minigame

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 06:44:29 pm »
Try these. I nabbed some position axis codes from VBA's memory editor.

01??5FC1 This is the horizontal axis code. Better to just change the value in the memory editor (C15F) as you need to. 00 is the far left of the screen and FF is the right. You should be able to get inside of walls with this.

01??66C1 This is the vertical axis. I see what you mean by fall damage, but if you enter this as a gameshark code and set the value to 00 you can float at the top of the screen, and move left or right as you wish. This is C166 in the memory editor.

!!!!

Zagato, that's amazing and exactly what I needed. Thank you so much! I'll make a thread in the WIP progress board once I have more than a couple of screens mapped and throw some more kudos your way.

You rock!