Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 570625 times)

Offline marioman

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2007, 11:45:37 am »
OK, I got it.  Thanks.  Good luck on getting them finished.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2008, 11:36:23 pm »
Well, Mega Man IV is practically finished. I'm presently reducing the file size with PNGGauntlet, and I'll be posting the result tomorrow in its own thread.

As for Mega Man V, it's about half-way done. I'm also having problem deciding how to present the Jupiter map considering that the layout changes depending on which path you choose when given the chance; I'll be posting about it tomorrow too in its own thread.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Mega Man IV (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Sonic CD (Sega CD)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2008, 01:13:07 am »
I'm glad you started on another project, Terra. You really needed more on your plate.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2008, 01:59:10 am »
Actually, I'm clearing my plate pretty much as I go, and I'm not planning on starting anything else for a while. After MMV is done, MMZ isn't far behind and Battletoads is close to being finished too. Heck, I might finish Sonic CD this year, thereby actually finishing every active map project I've got going ;)

Oh, and see you in AIM this week. Yes, I'm actually back at last.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Mega Man IV (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Sonic CD (Sega CD)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2008, 08:25:44 pm »
List updated.  Thanks Terra.  They look great.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2008, 08:30:40 pm »
Wait, is Mega Man III for the Game Boy complete?  o_0  I don't see Dr. Wily - Level 1...

Offline marioman

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2008, 06:02:47 am »
It's there, but it is labeled as "Giant Suzy."

For those who are concerned, there is a new translation patch for Mega Man Board at <url>http://www.interordi.com/mega_man_pc/(Mega Man PC)</url>.  It will most definitely help potential mappers.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2008, 12:52:45 pm »
I'll leave the Mega Man random map front page feature up for a few months...

You know, I don't think I've EVER seen that link to Mega Man IV (or 4) for the NES.  Weird.  I usually take the mouse pointer over it to see where it goes and Mega Man & Bass comes up so often.

Offline marioman

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2008, 07:23:00 pm »
Nice.  I have actually like seeing that on the front page.  Doesn't Mega Man have the most maps of any series on the site?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2008, 09:00:14 pm »
I don't recall, but very likely, Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars' 366 maps trumps it.  Of course, many of those maps are of single rooms, so that's not fair to count by sheer number alone...

Other than straight-up numbered stages for many arcade (or arcade-style) games (ie. Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, etc.), the Mega Man games are usually incredibly simple to put up.

Offline marioman

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2008, 06:58:48 pm »
Mega Boy uploaded his BN1 maps.  Thanks Mega Boy!  They are not ripped, so I am not exactly sure how I should mark them on the list.  Any suggestions?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2008, 07:27:04 pm »
Actually, Will Mallia added the ripped maps.  Mega Boy's Mega Man: Battle Network maps were among the very first maps on the site, and I think the names were based off of the Japanese ones.

Will Mallia is good about completing map sets so we may eventually see all of it ripped.

Offline marioman

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2008, 07:43:27 pm »
Oh, sorry.  I sometimes have a hard time figuring out which maps are new.  This is a situation where a detailed update list would be helpful.

Well, if Will can give me an estimate of how many maps he has left, I will update the list.  It is interesting to me that someone is willing to tackle the BN games.  Good luck.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2008, 11:54:40 pm »
Well, I haven't been doing much mapping lately, so even though Mega Man V (GB) is fully mapped, I still haven't finished the map header and stuff. I promised them to JonLeung last week, but it might be a bit longer I'm afraid.

On the upside, I *did* play through all 6 NES Mega Man games which made me realize just how different they all are from one another (for example, Mega Man IV is really tough, especially if you try to beat all the bosses with the Mega Buster alone. Mega Man V however is much easier in this respect). Anyway, I've always wanted to contribute to mapping the original games but they've been done for a while now. However, I've done two things that might apply, provided that JonLeung would take them, in which case I would put a header on them...

User posted image

Yep, it's a map of the ending for the first Mega Man game. A lot of palette changes happen throughout, so for this raw map, the color changes at the spot where Mega Man stands when they happen. Of course, it looks really ugly, so I did another one with more seamless transitions (it was a bitch to figure out how to use mask layers for the effect):

User posted image

It doesn't look like a NES map anymore, but it's much more pleasing to the eyes.

And finally, a map of Mega Man II's intro which was obviously less challenging to do:

User posted image

---

Current projects: Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Sonic CD (Sega CD)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »
Sure, I'd take 'em.  Just slap on headers and whatever you gotta do with them.

Not sure which of the two Mega Man endings I would prefer, though...

And, hey, doesn't Mega Man III have an ending where he's walking through a forest or something?

And I STILL haven't encountered Mega Man IV on that randomizing link!