Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 554266 times)

Offline marioman

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 11:01:22 am »
Yeah, her site is awesome.  I think that I have read every page of the Game Info section at least 5 times, and I am always using the site for reference.  It is neat that you guys were involved with it.

Offline marioman

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 11:15:39 am »
Update 2/25/07:

Geminiman has ripped another Mega Man X map!  Hopefully he will be able to finish mapping that game soon.

By the way, how are Zeric's Mega Man 8 maps coming along?  If he finishes MM8, and if someone rips the two maps from Mega Man and Bass, then all of the mainstream Classic Mega Man games will be fully mapped.  (Aside from the Gameboy games - which aren't exactly mainstream.)

Offline marioman

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2007, 10:07:43 am »
Update 2/25/07:

Geminiman has ripped Sting Chameleon's level. That leaves Mega Man X with 5 maps to go.

I did a little re-formatting in order to make the list a little easier to read.

Offline marioman

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 04:07:02 pm »
Update 3/17/07:

I guess Geminiman decided to try another Mega Man X3 map.  He has ripped the second Dr. Doppler stage.  Two to go for X3!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 04:40:38 pm »
I just put up Toxic Seahorse, which you may not have noticed with that Dr. Doppler stage counting as an update earlier today.  Weird how Toxic Seahorse was left for last (of the main stages) as that stage has the best music!  Or at least the only music I actually remember from X 3.

I removed it from your list for you.

That just leaves one Dr. Doppler stage.

Offline Frenkel

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 06:48:45 am »
I've created a program that can display the levels of the PC version of Mega Man. But I can't figure out how and where the enemies are stored. So now I can only display the tiles in the levels. Here's an example of the Dynaman level.

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dynafs4.png

Is there someone here who would like to add the enemies to the maps?

Offline marioman

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 11:28:51 am »
AWESOME!  Actually, there is a general consensus that enemies shouldn't even be included in the Mega Man maps.  (See Zeric's posts in this thread.)

In that case, you could just add items, and a sprite of the boss at the end, and the map would be done!

I am very excited to see this progress.  Is there any chance that you could do Mega Man III for PC too?

Just for reference, there are sprite sheets of the bosses and the enemies for this game at the following site:

http://themechanicalmaniacs.com/imagegalleries/SG-PC.php

Thank you.  Keep up the good work!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 10:44:43 am »
Wow, that is both awesome (because the game is almost unheard of) and slightly horrible (because the graphics don't hold a candle to any of the classic console games). In any case, thanks for mapping such an obscure Mega Man game :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2007, 03:46:59 pm »
Mega Man X3 COMPLETE!  Geminiman just put up the last map.  Thanks so much!

What happened to Frenkel?  I would like to see some more of those PC maps.  While I am on the subject, am I correct in assuming that there is an Intro Stage in Mega Man PC?  If not, I can fix it.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2007, 05:01:52 pm »
I actually bought that Mega Man PC game.  Geez, that was years ago.  I do believe there was a short intro stage, a pretty straightforward run to a building while avoiding a robot dog.

"X 3: The Last Map".  Heh.

By the way, am I the only one that calls it "Mega Man X 3" and not "Mega Man X3"?  Since X is not a number, and Mega Man X itself is a distinct series from Mega Man (Classic), and the number is also written differently than the X, I would think it should be "X 3".  I'm being anal, but I mean, you wouldn't say "Lethal Weapon4", would you?  You'd say "Lethal Weapon 4".  With the possible exceptions of weird things like "Alien3", I would put a space in there before the number...

Offline marioman

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2007, 06:40:14 pm »
Mandi has all of the title screens for the X games on her site, so you can see that is X3 instead of X 3.  I have always denoted them as X2, X3, etc.

Offline Frenkel

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 09:06:16 am »
Here are the maps of Mega Man I for the PC, without Mega Man, items, enemies, bosses and other moving objects. If anyone wants to add them, they have my permission to use these maps.

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=securjs3.png

http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sonicor1.png

http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=voltav7.png

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dynafs4.png

http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wileygx8.png

I probably won't do Mega Man III for the PC anytime soon, because it uses a more complicated compression algorithm than Mega Man I and I haven't figured it out what it exactly does.

Offline marioman

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2007, 11:22:00 am »
Very good!  This is AWESOME!  Please do continue to work on the compression for Mega Man III PC if you can.  Thank you for your hard work.

I will update my list as soon as the maps are uploaded to the actual site.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2007, 04:06:28 pm »
I could accept Frenkel's maps as submissions, but since he's saying that others can take them and freely add in the bosses, I'll wait a week for someone to possibly step forward and do that before putting them up, in which case that person and Frenkel will share the credit for those maps.

If only I could find my disk (as I said, I actually bought the game long ago) I would do it myself...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2007, 06:56:55 pm »
Man, whoever made Mega Man (PC) was either a hack or a thief, as I just recognized two tiles that are straight from Duke Nukem (those yellow barrels with a nuke sign and those brown crate).

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)