Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 572034 times)

Offline marioman

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2008, 08:07:47 pm »
So we have two maps for a game that hasn't come out yet?  Unreal...

I hope that TenguMan finishes all of the maps.  I can't believe the method that he is using, so he has gained a lot of respect in my book.  Thanks TenguMan.

Now to get Mega Man 9 on the list...

Offline Will

« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2008, 11:42:16 pm »
Such a genius, I daresay. Who knows how long it will be to appear on a rom and emulator? Not that I know of any Wii emulators. Keep going if you can TenguMan, I do so want you to complete this game. It will be like a landmark for us or should I say mapmark.

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #272 on: September 18, 2008, 05:48:59 am »
Zeric missed a bonus health room in Overdrive Ostrich's stage in MegaMan eXtreme 2.  You have to jump up the walls above the last instant death pillar generator thing.

Offline TenguMan

« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2008, 01:15:08 pm »
Hi everyone, first post for me in this forum!

well, I'm Italian, I hope that my written english is....well..."good enough" :-P

I will surely do all the maps of MM9, but I'd like to play the game before...you know...making maps is a BIG spoiler! :P  (and there aren't videos of the remaining levels anyway...)

the only problem is that we don't know when the game will be released in Europe....we hope in september too :P

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2008, 04:40:56 pm »
Welcome to the forum TenguMan!

Let me reassure you, your English is great. But of course I'm not the best qualified to judge you, being French-Canadian and all :P

You have all my admiration for recreating both the graphics and entire levels of an as-of-yet unreleased game! God knows I'd never have the required patience for that.

---

Current projects: Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #275 on: September 19, 2008, 04:27:04 am »
Welcome TenguMan.  Your English is fine.  Good luck on finishing the rest of the maps.

Offline marioman

« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2008, 11:47:08 am »
TenguMan has given us another Mega Man 9 map.  This time it is Hornet Man.  Thanks and keep up the good work.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: October 06, 2008, 12:16:06 pm »
TenguMan, are you still mapping by reconstructing the tiles and then rewatching a video of the stage?

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #278 on: October 06, 2008, 01:49:29 pm »
Endless Attack was released today. I haven't bought it yet, but it looks like amount of unique screens is finite. For each area you start at a teleporter and have to get to the teleporter at the end. Some areas are from previous games in the series, while others appear to be brand new. About every 30 screens you fight a robot master.

This video probably explains it better than I do.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline TenguMan

« Reply #279 on: October 06, 2008, 04:04:17 pm »
JonLeung Said:
TenguMan, are you still mapping by reconstructing the tiles and then rewatching a video of the stage?

Yes, same way.... :P

I think I'll have problems with Dr wily stages...there aren't screenshots of them...

Offline Will

« Reply #280 on: October 06, 2008, 08:27:46 pm »
I doubt that this endless stage mode is literally endless with all those different layouts and areas, then again it might eventually repeat sometime. If you got around to mapping the endless stage, you'd definitely end up with twice as many maps as I had done Battle Network maps.

Offline Revned

« Reply #281 on: October 06, 2008, 09:47:14 pm »
It's kind of like the Zelda Four Swords games. There's a whole bunch of pre-made sections, and it randomly chooses from them.

TenguMan - Do you even own it? If you do, it seems like you wouldn't need screenshots...

Offline Rew

« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2008, 08:17:50 pm »
Great maps, TenguMan, and I'm sure it takes quite an effort to construct those just from screenshots!

But the only thing that bothers me is that red border on all the maps. Is there a way to give it a less glaring border perhaps? *hopes this doesn't come across the wrong way*

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline TenguMan

« Reply #283 on: October 09, 2008, 08:24:24 am »
I made that border to divide the stage from the background, and I used a color that wasn't used for the stage :P

For me it's not a problem to change the border color, but I'd like to make all the maps with the same stile =)

let's listen what John think about it =)

PS. anyway,what color do you suggest? :P

PPS I found screenshots taken from dr. wily's stages, so I guess I can make those maps too.. ;-)

Offline marioman

« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2008, 08:46:57 am »
Great!  You are doing a really amazing job so far.  It would be nice if you could completely map the game.

By the way, has anyone seen these Nintendo Power style maps?  They aren't the best quality, but they are interesting.