Author Topic: Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)  (Read 30026 times)

Offline Eggz

RE: Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 07:15:47 pm »
So I recently found a hack-code that actually allows walk through walls in the game, a code which didn't exist before.

Great tool to help map the rest of the game that's left (which is still the majority).

...Of course now that also means I need to go back and redo basically all my maps.... *sigh* At least I wasn't that far into the game. So most previously submitted maps will have to have corrected maps submitted later, with a bigger file-size for the most part.

---

This looks like a job for Science!

Offline Eggz

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 12:53:33 am »
I've recently started maping this game again, butmI've encountered a snag; I've recently gotten a new laptop and laptop's nowadays only come with Vista. Problem is my SNES emulator (snes9xw) won't run with the cheats on. As in, when the cheats are active, when I move to a new screen the emulator resets the game. The point that I'm at the game now though almost demands the cheats.

Any suggestions?

---

Offline Will

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 01:49:36 am »
I don't know very much about Vista apart from the fact they have in my opinion messed up Word and Excel, but if you want to save yourself from hassle and trouble trying to get cheats to work with programming instructions, you may wish to switch from the snes9xw emulator to Zsnesw142. I've never failed my mapping with the Zsnesw142, nor have I ever used any cheats. I don't like or trust Windows Vista one bit, cos it wipes out the compatibilty for DOS and old games entirely.  

Offline Eggz

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 02:38:55 pm »
I didn't really have much choice when it came down to Vista. New laptops comes exclusively with Vista, and if I formatted and loaded XP on my own I void my warranty and service agreement. And I *needed* a laptop for the coming school year.

I'll try out the Zsnesw142, but as for the cheats I use to help with my mapping, it's a "walk through walls cheat" so I can see the rest of the area that's not on the playable path but still part of the zone... it's basically a necessity now that I've found it. Stupid ista for not letting it work properly...

---

Offline xyzbilliu

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 07:43:40 am »
It seems nobody update these maps for a long time.So I decide to finish them.

I ripped 39/57 maps during last 2 weeks.Here are the maps which I ripped.

http://www.zshare.net/download/60717980b590eee7/

Actually there are some bugs in Eggz's maps.For example,player will go back "Molebear Highlands" and find the entrance of "Gemstone Valley Dorian" after they came the 1st time.But Eggz's maps cuts the road.
Next game:Crusader of Centy(GEN)
My Game Atlas Website

Offline xyzbilliu

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 02:35:19 am »
My Game Atlas Website

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 07:58:46 am »
xyzbilliu, these look great!  Thanks for the submission!  I'm assuming it's a submission.  Email or PM me with the email address you'd like me to credit you by.

So now we've got Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu) and soon I'll put up xyzbilliu's Seiken Densetsu 3 (J)...  (We even have Secret Of Evermore.)  Apparently a complete Secret Of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2) continues to elude us...  :P

Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative of the maps we do have, and of this series, and of A. Lurker's partial Secret Of Mana maps.  I just find it a little odd that what should be the most popular game in the series hasn't been fully mapped yet.  Imagine if someone mapped nearly all of the Mega Man series but didn't map Mega Man II...  Or the Metroid series but not Super Metroid...hey, wait a second...  >_>

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 05:25:00 pm »
Well, xyzbilliu's Seiken Densetsu 3 (J) maps are now up...at least the ones that Eggz didn't do.

I'm at a loss as to what to do with the earlier maps - to put up xyzbilliu's or to keep Eggz's.  I don't want to have both, but I'll need to have one, of course.  xyzbilliu's would be consistent with the rest of the maps.  But Eggz's has item listings in towns, and I must say, extending things like trees beyond the edge of the screen is a nice touch (see Rabite Forest as an example).  I may have to think about this for a while.

Offline xyzbilliu

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 08:52:39 pm »
I just want to replace Eggz's "Molebear Highlands" because he make mistake when drawing the trees beyond the edge.

And Eggz did not rip the harbor of Free City Maia.
My Game Atlas Website

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 08:27:46 am »
If the maps are at the same quality, I would keep the ones with labels as long as they are ascetically pleasing.

On a side note, I do plan on making labeled maps showing all item and enemy locations for Secret of Mana (SD2) at some point in the future.  I'm currently going through a NES mapping phase, but at some point when I go back to mapping SNES games I plan on doing that one.