Author Topic: Tool for ripping maps of 3D games  (Read 14590 times)

Offline Grizzly

Tool for ripping maps of 3D games
« on: November 19, 2006, 10:42:24 am »
Hi,

I got this link to a DirectX 9 ripper, called 3D Ripper DX: http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

From the screenshots it looks like you might be able to view 3D scenes from any angle and this could help creating maps of such games.

Additionally there's a link to a Plugin called OGLE which shall capture geometry from OpenGL applications when using GLIntercept.

I do not have much time at the moment but I thought of already telling you of this link. I will also update in here when I tried the program.

Unfortunately you will need Autodesk's 3ds Max to be able to view the files - but maybe the Trial version is enough: http://www.autodesk.com/3dsmax

Offline Revned

RE: Tool for ripping maps of 3D games
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 02:36:49 pm »
Interesting, but too bad it only works with 3D Studio Max. Someone ought to make us some Zelda: OoT maps.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 04:03:18 pm »
Revned, weren't you trying to make "Ocarina Of Time" maps by using a cheat/hack that enabled you to go high above the map? What happened to that?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 04:09:36 pm »
That wasn't me, it was someone else.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 04:33:00 pm »
I think it was osrevad.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 05:09:25 pm »
Yes, it was him.

I think the most viable way to make N64 maps would to use Nemu. IIRC it is able to rip textured models from games.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 05:25:09 pm »
This is cool for those who know the 3d Max software.  Personally I could never get into the mesh 3d editing.  Now, I can do brush-based (like Quake BSP) stuff, but I never really got a hang of doing the mesh stuff.