Author Topic: Zelda Reorchestrated  (Read 9188 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Zelda Reorchestrated
« on: April 21, 2007, 09:41:33 pm »

Offline marioman

RE: Zelda Reorchestrated
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:56:45 am »
Interesting.  Some of it sounds similar to the Hyrule Symphony OST.  Very nice find.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:50:52 pm »
I hope I don't too critical, but most of those aren't that good. They mostly sound like midis with somewhat good samples and way too much echo/reverb or whatever effect it is that makes everything sound like it's really far away. Thanks for the link, but I much prefer the official OSTs to this.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 09:55:07 pm »
There's something to be said about the original instruments, that's for sure.  Nostalgia and whatnot.

I posted the link without listening too much.  The web site and presentation are nice, at least.

Here's a sissy moment for me, but a spoiler regarding Zelda music...

*SPOILER (highight to read)*

After missing the original overworld/Zelda theme music in Twilight Princess, I was teary-eyed when the familiar tune finally did play, a couple minutes into the end credits.  It was beautiful.  I guess I missed it more than I knew.

*SPOILER*

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 10:19:58 pm »
Since we're on the subject of Zelda music, I wonder what is everyone's favorite song(s), all games included?

Mine is the credit theme at the end of A Link To The Past. It's slow and gentle and at the end when the overworld/Zelda theme comes in and starts building stronger and stronger until the very end. I still am a bit teary-eyed when listening to it, but then again, I'm a big wuss when it comes to sad and/or emotional music piece.

Apparently, I take after my great grand-father on my mom's side who died before I was born. She says he wept regularily when listening to sad violin tunes.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 12:27:14 pm »
I really enjoy game soundtracks because I am reminded of the gameplay experience.  This explains why I might enjoy simple blips and bloops of an old game I've played but might not feel as much of a connection to an orchestrated track of an aurally impressive game that I haven't played.

That being said, I will definitely love most tracks from the games I've replayed the most.  Probably almost anything from A Link To The Past, but also a lot of stuff from Link's Awakening and Ocarina Of Time.

My favorite track is obviously the Zelda theme, that's made its way into just about every game.  I love the very moment that it starts up, like when Link exits the sanctuary in A Link To The Past, when Link re-obtains his sword in Link's Awakening or when he steps out of the castle in The Minish Cap.  It sort of signifies the point that the adventure really begins.

My favorite track that I don't think has been revisited at all is the Dark World overworld theme from A Link To The Past.  Perhaps, like the Light World's overworld theme, the first time you hear it is a cue that "here's yet another whole new world to explore"!  Perhaps that's part of it, though I'm sure something about the music itself really drives me.

Hyrule Castle's theme, introduced in A Link To The Past but also played in The Minish Cap, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, is also pretty good.  I like how the change in tempo adds to the atmosphere since the state of the castle in those games is completely different.