Author Topic: Mega Man (Rock Man) 20th anniversary video  (Read 8373 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Mega Man (Rock Man) 20th anniversary video
« on: July 31, 2007, 07:40:57 pm »
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman20th/history/

Has it been twenty years already?  Man, I feel old.

They missed some games, like Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man: Battle Network 4.5, Mega Man: Network Transmission, Mega Man X: Command Mission and all the Game Boy and GBC ones, but it was still a nice recap.  The latest one I played was ZX...I didn't think I would like it but I really did.  Go Mega Man!

I think the 20th anniversary is actually in December, I'll have to remember to choose one of the Mega Man games for the Maps Of The Month...(speaking of which, I guess I better get to work on August...  >_>)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Mega Man (Rock Man) 20th anniversary video
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 08:13:06 pm »
I'm getting old, as I never moved on from the classic series aside from a partial interest in the X series, and a tiny bit in the Zero series.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 06:08:16 am »
Nice.  I guess that Capcom was just sticking was just sticking with their main-series (numerically named) games.  Anyway, that's a very nice video.  It is absolutely amazing that Mega Man is almost 20.  (December 17th - mark your calendars everyone!)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 07:39:39 am »
Of the X series, I still have to play X 7 and X 8.  I don't have a PS2 but I've heard they're available for the PC, just hard to find.

I don't like the Battle Network games (I tried to get into them but couldn't, despite enjoying a few episodes of the anime), though I did like Network Transmission on the GameCube.  It was a platformer, not an RPG like the other ones.

Then I really liked Mega Man X: Command Mission (also on the GameCube, and PS2 probably), which was an RPG, not a platformer like the other ones.

Guess you just have to mix things up a little bit sometimes.

I was going to play the Game Boy games, since I hadn't, especially Mega Man V which is considerably different, but when I heard there was going to be a 15th anniversary (or probably a little later than that) rerelease of the GB games as a compilation on the GBA, I decided to wait for that.  And it hasn't come out, likely cancelled by now.  >_<

Offline marioman

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:18:44 am »
Yes, I think that the GB compilation was canceled.  It is too bad because there was rumor that a 6th game would be unlockable.  At the rate that Capcom was going when they made the other compilations, the unlockable game for the GB collection would have probably been one of the more rare games like Mega Man Board, The Wily Wars, etc.

For anyone who is interested, here is the download link for the video:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman20th/history/swf/historyPV.flv

Just save the video and use a FLV player to view it.