Author Topic: 7000th map!  (Read 9468 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
7000th map!
« on: August 04, 2007, 09:39:07 am »
Since the Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament maps by Maxim last week brough our total of maps to 6999, the first map I put up today was the 7000th!  And that would be The Little Mermaid (NES) - Stage 1 - Sea Of Coral (by Will Mallia).

I'm not really going to bother with site stats this time.  Sure, we got the largest maps on the site from the two of the GBA Castlevania games (by sprays and Zeric) and the biggest set of maps (by filesize) in the Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold maps (by DarkWolf), but I doubt much else has changed since the 6000th.

On another note, today also marks the day we finally got some maps from every game in the NES Game Atlas (with Will Mallia's contribution of all of Ninja Gaiden II when we didn't have any), though the NES Game Atlas recreation as a whole is still not complete.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

RE: 7000th map!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 01:21:48 pm »
Cool... over 1,000 maps added in just 4.5 months? Since the 6,000th was added on March 17th right?

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 08:17:30 pm »
I would like to point out that the map for the "Elemental Sanctuary" in the new Minish Cap maps is really a map for the Royal Valley.  I think that the Elemental Sanctuary is really part of Hyrule Castle.  See Here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/920670/34470

http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/zelda/mc/display.php?file=mc_royalvalley.png

http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/zelda/mc/display.php?file=sanctuary.png

BTW, it is nice to see some Minish Cap maps.  Keep it up!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 08:35:48 pm »
I'm personally looking foward to getting a full overworld for Minish Cap. Edsword and Wileee (www.screenshotmaps.com">www.screenshotmaps.com) began mapping the game over a year ago but I guess their family lives prevented them from working on it...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 09:45:09 pm »
I've been pretty myself, that even though the 6000th map was four months ago, it feels like only one or two months...

It honestly didn't feel like that long ago when we got our 2000th, actually.  I remember wanting to get to 2000 for so long because I was trying to come with a tagline, something like "Thousands of maps for hundreds of games!"  Even though that was a very boring tagline that I never ended up using, I remembered thinking that I couldn't claim we had thousands until we had at least two thousand.  And now, seven thousand...  o_0

We'll be at ten thousand maps and a million hits before long at this rate...