Author Topic: What Games Are We Playing  (Read 464710 times)

Offline RT 55J

RE: What Games Are We Playing
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 11:24:00 pm »
I've started playing Majora's Mask, mostly due to all the praise I keep hearing on the internet. I've played it before, but never bothered finishing it. :P

I've also been working on completing all of the challenges in Brawl. The one I'm currently working on is beating Boss Battles on Intense. I've managed to get to Tabuu once using Fox, but a mistimed sidestep made me a victim of one of his Red Rings of Death. %^%$%$^@*%##!

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 09:06:01 pm »
I should probably finish all the other stuff first, but I did start Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring Of Fates (DS), and so far it's better than I expected.  I also bought River City Ransom (NES) on the Wii Virtual Console for the heck of it.

And RT 55J, I hope you finish Majora's Mask.  The MM-haters I know have ridiculous reasons like "it looks too much like Ocarina of Time" (absolutely disregarding the fact that it doesn't play like it), or that people dislike the time system.

Because Majora's Mask is so set up around the schedule of the three days, many NPCs actually have lives and places to be and places to go.  Helping them out means lots of interesting sidequests, and since Link's character is so incredibly flat (let's face it, there's nothing much to him), Majora's Mask reigns supreme in the area of character development because you actually care about all these NPCs that you probably couldn't care less about when you met their Hyrulean counterparts back in Ocarina of Time.  Ultimately, you want to help everyone out to get all of the masks.  You can't tell me the quest to reunite Anju and Kafei isn't awesome.

One friend said he was tired of Zelda games being the same.  "There's always Ganon, and Princess Zelda."  I pointed out that Ganon actually appears half the time (he maintains the ratio by being in only one out of every pair of Zelda games) and suggested Majora's Mask, to which he replied that he didn't like Majora's Mask because it was different.  Same=bad.  Different=bad.  You just can't win with some people.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 07:23:50 am »
Well, I was playing some Dragon Quest V (j2e) and I just recently got the ship, and with free world travel so I can take it anywhere now. I'm at LV25. I have some sailing to do to find the Great Hero's Shield. While playing, I thought about mapping that games overworld only, since at rpgclassics.com there are maps for all of the game accept the overworld. Well, there is the overworld map there too but it's the small in-game map.

It would get bothersome mapping it if I couldn't find a Game Genie or cheat code that would allow non-existant random battles. There is a code like this for Ultima - Quest of the Avatar for NES so that code for Ultima would come in really handy for mapping that game (on NES..). I was also playing Ultima - Quest before DQV. I see here that the Ultima 4 overworld map for PC is very similar to the NES's map design.

At any rate, that's what I been playing over the last few months. Oh, and Gargoyle's Quest II which I have just two final maps to complete and should be done real soon.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 07:26:35 am »
I borrowed my friend's PS2 starting from a couple weeks ago, finally, but he apparently can't remember where his copy of Final Fantasy X went to, so he lent me Final Fantasy XII instead.  It's not like it matters what order they're played in, anyway.  He also lent me the BradyGames guide, which I didn't ask for, but has turned out to be handy.  I'm 61 hours in, though a quarter to a third of those hours might be from the "Negalmuur Auto-Leveling Trick"...  >_>  *cough*  (The License Board system is neat (you earn LP that you spend on "licenses" that allow you to use magicks, technicks, weapons, armour, etc., and in doing so make adjacent license squares available) though the auto-levelling method has now homogenized everyone into masters of every ability...)

Before I borrowed my friend's PS2 I was almost done the Raiders Of The Lost Ark portion of LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures for the PC.  I'll definitely get back to that one day.

My brother downloaded the first episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People, the PC version, seeing as how I'm hogging the TV too much lately that he wouldn't easily get to the Wii version.  :P  I'll get to that soon.  Seems cool from the little I've seen, though I haven't been a regular at homestarrunner.com for over a year at least.

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 05:53:59 pm »
I'm currently playing Gauntlet Legends for the PSX, but I'm also making maps and a written walkthrough for it.

---

Creator of over 760 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline Will

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 12:50:21 am »
I'm currently into playing the online game "Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory". My favourite weapons are dual colt/luger pistols, sten and the middleweight machine gun, I can't remeber its name but I nicknamed it Parahawk Rifle. My favourite scenes are 'the nocturanal Libyan city' and 'the mountain snowland'. Have you tried it? I used to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein a lot, but I wish there were additional missions and mods for it.

Online TerraEsperZ

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 04:54:06 pm »
Always lagging behind the gaming world, I've been playing Sonic Adventure: Director's Cut on my Wii, desperatly trying to complete all 120 emblems (up to 97 but stalling) and all 60 missions (stuck at 57), but being twarted by a horribly broken camera and twitchy controls. I should also start playing the sequel, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and its companion Shadow The Hedgehog in a few days as soon as they arrive through the mail (SA:DX and SA2B are among the best "classic" 3D Sonic games, which is why I'm not bothering with Sonic Heroes; as for ShTH, its story kinda complements/retcons SA2B, so I'm including it as well).

Hopefully I'll be ready for Sonic Unleashed when it comes out!

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 10:15:55 pm »
I just finished Final Fantasy XII.  :D

I guess I'll understand the sequel, FF XII: Revenant Wings on the DS, if I still want to be in Ivalice a little longer...

Though I could and should probably do some more side-quests and hunts in FF XII before I return this.  What PS2 game should I borrow next from my friend?  Final Fantasy X?  Kingdom Hearts?  Or mix it up a bit and go for Soul Calibur III?

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 05:00:29 am »
I have only been playing Journey to Silius. I decided to buy Bionic Commando Rearmed and see if it would actually work but to no avail, did It succeed. My comp sucks. At least I have it now and will try and afford a new compy.

As far as what game to play next, "Jon", I'd suggest Kingdom Hearts. It's a fine game. I got to play it some a few months back. You'd get more fun with it Ithink than with SCIII. If you've played one fighter game, other than Street Fighter, or Killer Instinct, then you have played them all.

Another fighter game that's an RPG (Japanese though) is being translated, "Samurai Showdown RPG" for NEoCD by Deuce. That game looks fun as a fighter.

Offline Will

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 11:44:26 am »
I'm up to now content on playing Capstone's "Witchaven", the most bloodstaining and gruesome game I have ever seen. Even the impaling I am not squeemish about. Have you the stomach to play it?

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 06:36:51 pm »
I've been playing F-Zero Maximum Velocity this past week, and have decided to earn the Jet Vermilion the "real" way. To do that I need to complete all cups with all 9 vehicles on Master. The other way is to finish Championship Mode 255 times (or use a code). Boring. So far I've managed to beat all four cups with 3 vehicles: The Stingray, Sly Joker, and Falcon Mk-II. I've also managed to complete at least one cup with the rest of the vehicles. I doubt that I'll actually finish it since I have more important things to do. Also, the AI is really testing my patience.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 10:23:24 pm »
Still working on Final Fantasy XII's side-quests.

Wasted a whole day on Yiazmat (a superboss with over 50 million HP).  And I still couldn't beat him.  >_<  I'll probably have to waste all day tomorrow getting the equipment people recommend and change all my Gambits accordingly.  I swear they make it so stupidly challenging.  There's challenging, and then there's ridiculous.  It's not even fun to sit around all day just switching leaders 'cause they keep dying.  Even more pointless when ultimately I lose.  The PS2 was on that boss fight for literally 24 hours.  >_<

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 07:59:05 am »
I finally got a copy of Okami, played it several hours last night.

Offline marioman

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 07:13:45 pm »
EDIT: Also, a couple weeks ago I finished replaying all of the main classic-series Mega Man games, as well as the GB games in anticipation of Mega Man 9. I'm curious if anybody else has decided to do this.

Yep.  I didn't get around to the Gameboy games, but I beat 1-8.5 and X1-X6.  Lots of fun.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 09:23:45 pm »
Super Mario RPG came out on the VC today.  Tempting...though I've played it a few times before, and yup, even have the original cartridge.  Second-hand, but still.  I would still like it on the Wii.  However, my brother has bought a bunch of VC games I didn't even get around to (that's okay though, I played them all before on the original consoles)...it's a matter of finding time.

Speaking of time, I finally beat Yiazmat.  What a ridiculous, ridiculous boss.  Hours long.  I was playing some more LEGO Indiana Jones and then going back to the PS2 to check on it every few minutes just to make sure the guys were doing okay.  It took hours though.  Seriously.  I also beat Omega Mark XII, but this Omega Weapon is a serious joke compared to previous FF's superbosses, and can actually be beat in a tolerable single sitting...it's like a flea compared to Yiazmat.  What is Square-Enix on?  o_0