Author Topic: Make this place more active!  (Read 19320 times)

Offline Inty

Make this place more active!
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:39:48 am »
Make a topic, post a few messages. Come on guys!
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Make this place more active!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 02:24:29 pm »
Personally, I'm kinda waiting for the specialized forums to post some of my stuff.

...and I'm still wary of seeing the board being reset a few more times until everything is mostly stable to post anything elaborate...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Inty

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 02:26:57 pm »
Backups will be made every night as of when the cPanel is back up on the host. Don't worry about posts going missing. I can assure you they won't.

---

Listen well...will you marry me? Are you well in the suffering?
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 02:39:37 pm »
And after Inty shows me how to properly back things up, I'll be doing it myself periodically.  I can guarantee you I was the most pissed of everyone here when they were lost...again...when I only approved the new forums on the very promise that nothing would be lost.  But I shouldn't keep going back there, now should I?

Inty's learned his lesson.  And if you still don't trust him, I hope you'll be happy to know that I'll be doing the backing up as well.

Offline Inty

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 04:18:45 pm »
Lole. They all hate me <_<

---

&lt;b&gt;I need &pound;5 paypal to pay subs ._.&lt;/b&gt;

Offline Eggz

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 04:23:47 pm »
Come on guys, you're all being a little harsh. Tech problems happen, though it does hit a little close when it's something you're in charge of.

I don't know if I can say anything though since I wasn't around for the first down-time. But look at it this way, Inty got it back up. That's a good thig... right?

---

Q: What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree, and is dangerous?

A: A sparrow with a machine gun.

- The Riddler; Batman the Movie
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 04:33:13 pm »
Sorry Inty, it's just that it's a situation that sucks for everyone involved, and we're all hoping that things will be different this time. Understand, this is the 2nd (if not 3rd) time posts are lost on VGMaps so we feel a little burned now and I for one wonder what will be done this time that should have been done a while ago.

If you say backups will be done from now on, then I trust you.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 12:13:38 pm »
I hope the regulars aren't too bitter that they don't come back.  I know Revned signed up but hasn't said much other than that he didn't like Inty.  Understandable, he was one of the top posters (the others being mephea and myself).  mephea hasn't been posting much lately so maybe she doesn't know yet but Grizzly said he was having login issues.

Is the ".de" extension for email addresses not allowed or something?  He said it had to do with his email.

Offline Inty

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 12:27:04 pm »
^^ I'll look into that once i've fixed this little exploit in `theme_change.inc.php`

---

&lt;b&gt;I need &pound;5 paypal to pay subs ._.&lt;/b&gt;

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 12:56:18 pm »
I told Mephea last night one AIM, but she's still taking a break from the mapping world for a while. She isn't intent on leaving for good however, so I'm eager to see her post again (chatting on AIM is kinda hard since she's always playing WoW between replies ;) )

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Eggz

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 06:14:38 pm »
I actually think there kight be a bug with the e-mail sign-ups. When I was signing back up after the boards got changed, it kept saying my ".ca" e-mail address was invalid. But after I had signed up with a different e-mail it easily let me change my default e-mail back to the ".ca".

---

Q: What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree, and is dangerous?

A: A sparrow with a machine gun.

- The Riddler; Batman the Movie
This looks like a job for Science!