Author Topic: 2008/06: Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES) - RT-55J  (Read 16247 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2008/06: Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES) - RT-55J
« on: May 31, 2008, 08:49:50 pm »
User posted image
Contra III: The Alien Wars

For this month's "Maps of the Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to RT-55J's Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES) maps.

There's not a whole lot to say about this game's story.  It's the year 2636.  Aliens attack Earth.  You're a macho guy, and you have a macho friend, and both of you have some big guns.  Run-and-gun gameplay ensues.

Like any other Contra game, you'll have a blast just running ahead, blowing up every alien unfortunate enough to cross your path.  You probably won't truly need RT-55J's maps - but they're fun to look at, especially if you want to relive this classic when you're nowhere near your Super NES (or Wii).  The many big bosses, the incredible detail, even a stable look at Stage 2's and Stage 5's rotating Mode 7 maps.  For any oldschool fan, what's not to love?

So to recognize the effort put into this Super NES classic, RT-55J's Contra III: The Alien Wars maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps of the Month for June 2008.

Offline RT 55J

RE: 2008/06: Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES) - RT-55J
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 09:17:14 pm »
*Self congratulatory speech*

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: 2008/06: Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super NES) - RT-55J
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 09:22:50 pm »
I wonder how many "Maps Of The Month" I would have won if I only finished everything I started. Then again, I would have to be mapping 48 hours a day to achieve that, so...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: ?????? (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), etc
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)