Author Topic: Sonic Unleashed is coming...  (Read 10817 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Sonic Unleashed is coming...
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:40:48 pm »
A new trailer for the upcoming Sonic Unleashed game has recently been released. You can see a high-definition version of it here.

I'll say that it looks great and moves well too, although it looks to be a bit too much "on rail". Another big point of worry is the Werewolf Sonic gameplay which will put speed aside for fighting apparently. The good news for me is that a Wii version is planned, although it will definitely look uglier than this, sadly.

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Grizzly

RE: Sonic Unleashed is coming...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 10:07:26 am »
yay, I hope will be released for PC, too. I really liked Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Heroes.

The trailer looks very promising, although the speed sometimes seems to be even too high. But maybe there are many scripted passages :)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 11:17:53 am »
Now that my Wii has arrived, I'd really like to track down both Sonic Adventure games for the GameCube to finally know what I've been missing. With some luck, I can track down new copies of both.

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 06:14:55 pm »
I never played the first one, but I have the second one. The only worthwhile stages are those with Sonic and Shadow. The others are painfully boring.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 07:27:28 pm »
Woohoo! I just found Sonic Adventure DX for 5$! Of course, the disc is scratched to hell, but if it still works it's one hell of a bargain.

The SA games are of course flawed, like any games (SADX forces you to play as *Big* in order to get the true ending, which is about as horrible as it gets; SA2 has those tedious treasure hunting levels with Knuckles and Rouge) but they're still both the best 3D Sonic games in my opinion. Heroes looks boring with a really kiddy story, while Shadow features weapons, vehicles, tons and tons of 'radical angst', and a story that completely retcons SA2's backstory.

Anyway, the worst thing now is that I have to wait until next week to play my Wii for the first time.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 08:09:03 pm »
Sonic Unleashed looks a little more promising than Sonic '06 did.  Let's just hope that Sonic Team doesn't mess this one up.  (I hear that they replaced most of their staff after the Sonic '06 fiasco.)  I like the 2.5D thing.  There should be more 2.5D games.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 08:19:54 pm »
Actually, Sonic '06 didn't seem to be so bad a game, but apparently it's completely crippled with bugs due (as it often happens) to a rushed release. When will publishers learn!?

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Eggz

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 09:30:49 pm »
They'll learn when they stop looking for quick cash grabs.

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!