Author Topic: Transformers Movie discussion  (Read 182757 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Transformers Movie discussion
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2006, 09:56:37 pm »
It seems the producers really intended for the Autobots to be closer to humans in look, while the Decepticons are more alien in faces and bodies. I *am* surprised Hasbro managed to translate the movie designs to toys so well for what we've seen so far. Needless to say, Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are already 'must-buys'.

Starscream here seems to have claws for fingers between those guns but it's really the head I don't like: it doesn't look good at all, even in an alien way. The body in general isn't bad, and I actually like the more animalistic legs as they remind me of Gargoyles, one of my favourite shows.

I do regret that the Decepticon so far have so alien faces, but it reinforces my prediction that most Decepticons in the movie are going to be faceless cannon fodder.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2006, 08:53:17 pm »
The fact that there are more Decepticons sounds to me like they could kill off more Decepticons and leave enough on both sides for sequels that they believe they'll be able to make.

My bet is that most if not all of the Autobots will survive, but of the Decepticons, Megatron and Starscream are most likely to survive.  The others, not so likely, though there probably will be one or two others that will.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2006, 06:13:32 pm »
Brian Goldner, Hasbro COO Said:
Please let the people on the board know that any grey models they have seen are VERY early forms of toys and will be revised and changed, and will gain tremendous detail as they move toward finished products...

thanks and regards,

Brian Goldner

Thank goodness.  If he's referring to Starscream he may yet get a makeover.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2006, 12:48:44 pm »
I'm unable to post anything right now, but new design concepts for Megatron have surfaced on www.tfw2005.com, and it looks quite... "alien". Definitely the worst design so far, because it's completely removed from anything that was ever done in terms of TF. It looks alien and evil, but that's it. Hopefully JonLeung can post the pictures here.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2006, 03:44:48 pm »
I just went and looked. I thought Megatron was going to be a tank? Now it seems he totally avoids whatever mechanism is in place that changes the robots into earth type vehicles. I haven't read the script so I don't know and don't want to know.

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2006, 07:39:23 pm »
W

User posted image

T

User posted image

F

User posted image

!

User posted image

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2006, 11:34:55 pm »
JonLeung said:
Also, earlier today, according to TFW2005.com, in the chat with the writers, the finalized names of the Transformers are revealed:

Autobots:

Optimus Prime

Bumbleebee

Ironhide

Jazz

Ratchet

Decepticons:

Megatron

Starscream

Barricade

Blackout

Bonecrusher

Brawl

Frenzy

Scorponok

Why are there less Autobots than Decepticons. Sounds rather unfair to have a total of 13 Transformers.

---

Creator of over 380 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2006, 06:11:39 pm »
I guess that makes for more cannon fodder among the bad guys :)

By the way, here's Bumblebee's face at last, and it, er, kinda blows, in a cute kind of way. Alright, I don't know *how* I feel about it...

User posted image

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2006, 08:22:38 pm »
StarFighters76 said:
Why are there less Autobots than Decepticons. Sounds rather unfair to have a total of 13 Transformers.
I'm guessing since there are more Decepticons, and among them some not-big-names, they can afford to kill off more Decepticons than Autobots (if any) and still have enough on both sides for the sequels that they say they want to make.

I think I said that before.  I probably also said I fully expect Megatron and Starscream to be among the Decepticon survivors.

EDIT: I found this from a chat transcript:

Q: Why so few Autobots versus Decepticons?

A: Wanted to put Autobots at distinct disadvantage. Makes action sequence better. They Autobots have to use unity, friendship, etc. to help defeat them.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2006, 10:43:11 pm »
Apparently, they're also planning to do justice to Megatron's and Starscream's tumultuous relationship. Screamer is said to be both loyal and scheming for himself. Interesting.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2006, 03:14:40 pm »
Final design for Optimus Prime, taken from a poster at a trade show:

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2006, 06:04:11 pm »
As someone already said on the TFW2005.com forums, his gun looks like a mass of silver plumbing, similar to the MiB guns...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2006, 08:29:52 pm »
Allow me to beat Terra to the punch...

Again, taken from TFW2005.com...

User posted imageUser posted image

User posted image
I love some of the responses in the thread.  Like: "He looks depressed."  Followed by: "Wouldn't you be?"

Even if they widened his face a little it would be a major improvement.  Is there some reason that it has to be so skinny?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2006, 09:26:36 pm »
The concensus right now on TF forums is that this is a cleaner picture of an earlier concept design. You'll notice that it differs in the details from the blurry picture two posts previous which is assumed to be pretty much final seeing as it was seen on a poster at a trading show. Still, we can assume the final design to be quite similar to this.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2006, 09:40:18 am »
Maybe.  It's hard to make out the eyes on that poster.  Now we need a clear image of the supposedly final version.

Do you get the feeling that we're almost seeing TOO MUCH now?  By the time the movie comes out there won't be much in the way of surprises.

Sometimes I wonder if these "leaks" are deliberate to gauge fans' reactions so that they can make some changes that will appeal to them.  We've seen more of Optimus and Megatron and Bumblebee than other characters, for instance, and those are fan favourites.  I expect we may see more of Starscream soon.