Author Topic: Transformers Movie discussion  (Read 177425 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Transformers Movie discussion
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2007, 12:58:03 pm »
TerraEsperZ Said:
Actually, Ironhide can be seen spinning in the air in slow-motion while avoiding rockets and firing his own. He's at least seen a little, unlike Ratchet.

Speaking of frame-by-frame, I assume you've noticed Megatron playing with his little Jazz rubber toy?

Oh, duh, how could I forget that shot of Ironhide?  o_0

I saw a bit in the game trailer where Bumblebee transforms into vehicle form while flipping in the air just like Ironhide does here.  Perhaps Ironhide is also transforming but the shot cuts away before we see that.  After a flip like that, it would make more sense to try to land on your tires so I would wager that's what he'll do.

That sound when Jazz gets stepped on does sound like a rubber toy, like many people have mentioned.  But later in that same trailer, you see another shot of Megatron (it's where he's transforming) and a similar sound happens again.  It's Megatron's sound, not the sound of Jazz being stepped on.

You know, if this was G1, it'd be the other way around, Jazz would be able to step on Megatron (at least in gun form).  Heck, most Transformers would be able to.  But now Megatron looks like he's one of the biggest.  And as it already is, the Decepticons (except for Frenzy and Scorponok) probably all dwarf the Autobots.  I suppose that's what will make the possible mano-a-mano (roboto-a-roboto) battle between Bumblebee and Barricade seem much more even.

According to what Michael Bay has said, the most impressive shots are actually not featured in this trailer, so if that's true, that's crazy!  In a good way!  Along with an earlier statement that this film is almost non-stop action, maybe it's not that surprising.

And supposedly the Transformers in front of Shrek 3 may actually be quite different than that alternate international version:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/18/transformers-trailers-in-front-of-shrek-3-are-completely-different/

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2007, 09:50:53 pm »
As expected, the movie is practically a car commercial...back in '86, people would've said Transformers was a toy commercial.

User posted image

http://www.autobotsrollout.com

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2007, 09:51:35 pm »
As expected, the movie is practically a car commercial...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2007, 09:51:37 pm »

User posted image

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2007, 10:09:53 pm »
He he he, you triple-posted that JonLeung ;)

And the Ratchet part is kinda misleading, has he's not a standard H2 Hummer, but some sort of weird, possibly military ambulance variant thereof.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2007, 08:02:29 pm »
Gross, Sector Seven has what might be the movie theme song.

I found the original Japanese TV series' intro/outros here...now I gotta find the English ones...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2007, 03:36:33 pm »
Not that bad, but not that good either. I could see this playing during the ending credits though.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2007, 09:31:41 pm »
JonLeung Said:

User posted image

These can be yours, if the price is right!

Sorry I had to >_>

---

Creator of over 510 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2007, 06:54:21 pm »
JonLeung Said:
Gross, Sector Seven has what might be the movie theme song.

I found the original Japanese TV series' intro/outros here...now I gotta find the English ones...

Looks like that theme song is either a fake or has another purpose because people have confirmed, based on the official soundtrack listing, that this is the official theme:

http://www.myspace.com/mutemath

Personally, I prefer the previous one, which has a definite 'Linkin Park' vibe that rubs me the right way...

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2007, 08:36:02 pm »
If anyone ever doubted that this movie will have both action and heart, then watch this clip of Sam trying to hide the Autobots from his parents (you'll need DivX codecs for it I think). Especially take notice of Bumblebee and the gestures he's making toward Optimus; I was grinning like a madman while watching this :)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2007, 10:17:33 am »
Apparently they are doing the 8 PM early showing of Transformers today at most theaters in Edmonton that would be showing this at all.

But unfortunately I will not see it today as once planned.  Probably Friday, but at least that will be with more friends.

So I'll be avoiding this topic this week in case someone posts spoilers.  I have already read too many as it is on TFW2005.com - like who dies, what happens at the end, etc. - so it's unlikely I'll hear much else or even anything more major, and even so, it's another thing to see it...but you know, why risk ruining it?

I've been waiting to see this movie for years...another few days won't hurt (so long as nobody rubs it in that they've seen it already).

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2007, 07:59:27 pm »
The worst thing is, if there was a movie for me to see in a theater, it would have been this one. Unfortunately, it's not being shown in English in Quebec city, and I say "fuck that" to seeing it dubbed in French. Just seeing the trailer dubbed is enough to turn me off the movie.

*sigh* Looks like I can either see it in a few weeks in Montreal with one of my friend, or wait until it's out on DVD. God do I hate that damn language-protection law...

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2007, 09:13:45 pm »
I saw the movie on opening night and thought it was pretty good. The first hour was too long and drawn out with filler stuff. The Autobots were pretty funny though. And Prime's voice, might be slightly rusty for it being 20 years, but he's still got the touch.

---

Creator of over 530 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2007, 09:59:30 pm »
I finally cracked, and saw it today. I'll be brief and avoid any spoilers for the moment.

If I ignore the entire audio track, I would probably give it 3 stars out of 4. But I was forced to see it in French, dubbed in Quebec even. Let's just say that it was enough to remove one star and make an otherwise great movie into a merely 'okay' one. The voices of the bots were horrible, all of them. While most of their dialog was cheese, I trust that good voice actors could make them work. Our actors couldn't, and every sentence coming out of a transformer sounded between bad and awful. I'll probably write more tomorrow, but right now the dub is all I can think about. Talk about ruining a movie experience...

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2007, 09:13:29 pm »
Kinda sad that all you can think about is the dub.

As a Transformers fan, and as the only other person in this topic, I'm sure you'll speak up about more, especially after I see it myself.

At least you didn't spoil anything for me, since I'll be seeing it in the original English.

(One thing I am curious about, though, is their names.  Are they directly translated into French?  Is "Starcream" like, "cri d'?toile" or something?  And apparently Brawl has been mistakenly referred to as Devastator in the film, a stupid mistake.  Is this corrected or at least consistent in French?)

I'm pretty much confirmed to be seeing it at 8:30 PM tomorrow evening.  I'm looking forward to it, a bunch of people are going.