Author Topic: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned  (Read 256883 times)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2011, 12:07:10 am »
Ah, I forgot about the Lens of Truth. I'll still have to consider it.

By the way, I ripped all of Hyrule Castle, and have actually started 3-5 of YI, with the first two rooms completed. I'll try to have it done by the end of the week. However, I won't be able to complete Hyrule Castle until the weekend before Valentine's Day.

Update: I finished 3-5!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:55:43 pm by Peardian »
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Rew

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2011, 07:55:12 pm »
Nice job on Hyrule Castle! I was especially curious about the courtyard, if you'd be able to get a top-down view since in-game that section is only from a fixed perspective.

Anyway, I'm surprised by how fast you're knocking this game's maps out! Being the hardcore OoT fan that I am, I'm curious about the order you'll tackling the rest of the maps? And just because I'm bored, I figured I'd go ahead and list all the areas to be mapped:
  • Present: Kokiri Forest
  • Present: Inside the Deku Tree
  • Present: Hyrule Field
  • Present: Market
  • Present: Hyrule Castle
  • Present: Lon Lon Ranch
  • Present: Kakariko Village
  • Present: Lost Woods
  • Present: Sacred Forest Meadow
  • Present: Graveyard
  • Present: Death Mountain Trail
  • Present: Goron City
  • Present: Dodongo's Cavern
  • Present: Death Mountain Crater
  • Present: Lake Hylia
  • Present: Zora's River
  • Present: Zora's Domain
  • Present: Zora's Fountain
  • Present: Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly
  • Present: Gerudo Valley
  • Present: Temple of Time
  • Future: Market
  • Future: Hyrule Field
  • Future: Lon Lon Ranch
  • Future: Kakariko Village
  • Future: Graveyard
  • Future: DampĂ©'s Grave
  • Future: Kokiri Forest
  • Future: Lost Woods
  • Future: Sacred Forest Meadow
  • Future: Forest Temple
  • Future: Death Mountain Trail
  • Future: Goron City
  • Future: Death Mountain Crater
  • Future: Fire Temple
  • Future: Zora's River
  • Future: Zora's Domain
  • Future: Zora's Fountain
  • Future: Ice Cavern
  • Future: Lake Hylia
  • Future: Water Temple
  • Present: Bottom of the Well
  • Future: Shadow Temple
  • Future: Gerudo Valley
  • Future: Gerudo's Fortress
  • Future: Gerudo Training Ground
  • Future: Haunted Wasteland
  • Future: Desert Colossus
  • Present: Desert Colossus
  • Future: Spirit Temple
  • Future: Ganon's Castle
  • Future: Inside Ganon's Castle
  • Future: Ganon's Castle (Escape)

Yeah, that should take you no time at all, right? xP

EDIT: And now it's finished! :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 09:22:08 am by JonLeung »
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2011, 09:54:33 pm »
There's still evidence that the courtyard was made for perspective, such as the fountain bases lacking backsides and such. I had to chop away more parts of the map than I liked, because the walls and hills were covering up important parts.

I'm going to try and do all the locations in the order of the game. The only differences in the list I'd make are probably keeping Death Mountain Trail and Death Mountain Crater separate, as well as Dampe's Grave (since it's so big). I already have all of Lon Lon Ranch ripped, and I should have it ready in two weeks. Even though I have Zelda's Letter and could go to Kakariko Village, Navi is bugging me to meet Saria, so Lost Woods will come next.

Offline Rew

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2011, 07:57:58 am »
Ah, I forgot about Dampe's Grave/Kakariko Windmill, the location hilarious named "?" in game. =P

I'll have to add that to the list. And yeah, I was trying to make my list as true to the order of the game as possible since I know that's the order you're going in.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2011, 08:57:50 am »
I'm guessing it's not likely for this to completed in time for The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D(S)?  >_>

But in any case, I don't thank people for their submissions at the time of their email or at the time of their update, so...  Thanks (again?) for tackling this!

Irregardless of my opinion that Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated game ever, objectively, it's still a really good game - or at least popular - and should be easier to map (pre-rendered, flat, and mostly static backgrounds, plus it's available for the PC).  I always think we need more Final Fantasy maps, and I'm thankful that Locke_gb7 (and Rick Bruns?) and FlyingArmor are currently tackling the Super NES ones, but I only bring up VII again because it's often seen against Ocarina Of Time as the main "best game ever" competition.  :P  And if it IS such a popular game, you'd think I would've gotten something from it by now, even some MS Paint scribbled-together thing.  :/

Anyway, back on topic...I'm guessing the roof of the castle is not visible because Link would never see it?  If memory serves, though, what is visible looks similar to the Smash Bros. stage.  Though why shouldn't it, but it'd be interesting to see what the differences are between them, or if it is indeed a direct copy-and-paste on Nintendo's part between games with just the blanks filled in.  Any way a direct comparison pic can be made?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:23:01 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2011, 09:32:05 am »
The Hyrule Castle stage in SSB, while based on the castle in Ocarina of Time, was made from scratch. The parts of the towers are arranged differently, and a number of textures are new as well. In fact, as a kid, I never really got the connection between OoT's and SSB's castle until... ripping this map. :P

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2011, 05:55:48 pm »
I finished Lon Lon Ranch's map as my way to celebrate the recent 25th anniversary. (Late, I know, but still!) I've decided to head to Kakariko Village next, before the Lost Woods, since that's what the order the Official Nintendo Player's Guide uses.

Also, thanks to the recent discussion of Hyrule Castle, I made a new image of it for the forum spotlight on the home page. Hope you like it!

Edit: I have a very busy week ahead of me, and as such, I didn't rip all of Kakariko Village. No guarantees on when my next map will be, but Spring Break is coming up next week.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:58:13 pm by Peardian »

Offline Rew

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2011, 08:32:54 pm »
I look forward to seeing the completed Kakariko Village! Also, I've updated my OoT map list and put them all in the same order as in the Nintendo Power player's guide since that's the order it appears you're going in as well.

How many areas are you going to re-map for Adult Link? I know some places like Market and Zora's Domain change drastically, but others (like Lake Hylia) have more subtle changes.

Oh, and I think you said in another thread that you'll be tackling Majora's Mask after this? I'm half tempted to post a list of maps for that game, but I think I'll at least wait until you're done with OoT. ;-P

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2011, 08:46:11 pm »
I'm going to be re-mapping pretty much any area that can be visited as both kid and adult except where it comes to the desert stuff. Other than the deserty area, there are enough significant differences to warrant a separate map. Namely, different Gold Skulltulas, new paths, new enemies, and new treasures. Even in a place like Hyrule Field, there's a grotto that can't be reached as a kid, no Peahats, and the ruined castle bridge. Lake Hylia has the lower water level and access to the Water Temple, which is not worth mentioning on the kid map.

Oh, and I'll probably be splitting things up a bit, such as the Sacred Forest Meadow from the Lost Woods, the Fountain from Zora's Domain, and the Royal Family's Tomb from the Graveyard.

And yes, I do plan on doing Majora's Mask next. Wait until I beat Ganon before giving me that list, as I'm already anticipating it enough. :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:47:13 pm by Peardian »

Offline Trop

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2011, 08:56:21 am »
Separate maps for changes, woo, the hard way.  But the right way.  And aww you're going to split up nearby areas.  I'm the only one who makes ridiculously oversized combination maps.  For the figurines, are you going to use MM names for characters in OOT that never really get named, like Anju, because that would be great.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2011, 10:36:55 pm »
Guess what? Lost Woods map is done already! There wasn't much to it, and I spent the entire day on it, more or less. I'm hoping I will have similar luck with the Sacred Forest Meadow.

For the characters, I'm using whatever names I know. For some of them, that means their Majora's Mask name. For others, I'm just using whatever title I can come up with.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2011, 03:31:46 pm »
It's been nearly a month since I last posted an update, so here's another one. Sacred Forest Meadow and the Graveyard are both done. I decided to include the Royal Family's Tomb with the graveyard since it's so small.

And yeah, unfortunately I've been neglecting my other projects. I'm hoping to at least get another level in before the end of the month.

Edit: And so I did! Finished The Cave of Harry Hedgehog. Will I be able to do 3-7 as well before the end of the month? Depends on how much schoolwork they pile on me.

Edit: It would help if I actually submitted it. :P
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:52:55 pm by Peardian »

Offline Rew

« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2011, 05:35:14 pm »
And it would also help if I updated the map list once in a while. ;)

So I've just updated it, not only with the maps you've already finished crossed out, but I adjusted the list of remaining maps based on the knowledge that you'll be mapping every location from the 7-year future that's undergone the slightest change. The order remains just my best guess. :P

And more Yoshi's Island maps? YAY!

EDIT:
I just realized, are you planning on mapping the dungeons from OoT: Master Quest as well?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:37:49 pm by Rew »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2011, 09:29:38 pm »
If there's an N64 version of Master Quest, I'll consider it. On the other hand, I really want to do Majora's Mask when I finish OoT, so I might jump on that. At the same time, dungeons are my favorite part of Ocarina of Time, so we'll see.

I won't have the next Zelda maps done until May. And considering this is the last month of classes for the semester, I'll be working extra hard on the last-week project pile-up. I may or may not work on Yoshi maps to alleviate the pressure, since the next two levels are some of my favorites in the game.

Offline Revned

« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »
The version of Master Quest in the Gamecube collection is actually an N64 ROM that plays just fine in other emulators. It's not too hard to extract from the iso, but you can probably find it easily online.