Author Topic: Mega Man Robot Masters' weaknesses artistically rendered  (Read 24076 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Mega Man Robot Masters' weaknesses artistically rendered
« on: December 12, 2008, 09:56:47 pm »
From Capcom-Unity:

Mega Man 9 - Counterclockwise

User posted image

Mega Man - Clockwise

User posted image

Mega Man II - Either direction beginning with Metal Man in the lower-right and ending with Quick Man in the lower-left

User posted image

Mega Man III - Top two-thirds are clockwise, bottom third is right-to-left and back again

User posted image

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Mega Man Robot Masters' weaknesses artistically rendered
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 10:09:00 pm »
I like how Metal Man is punching himself in the face, as his own Metal Blades wipe him out in the rematch.  Poor Quick Man's bombarded by two guys (without having a chance to use his Quick Boomerangs)...weird 'cause I always used Flash Stopper and then Air Shooter.  Remembering a Newgrounds animation of Mega Man Vs. Quick Man, I guess I should've known Crash Bombs should work too...

I didn't realize Top Man would also be weak against Magnet Missiles...usually a few Hard Knuckles is more than enough anyway.  And I usually used Shadow Blades against Snake Man for some reason.

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 09:09:58 pm »
Yeah, Mega Man 2 doesn't have a perfect weakness ring, so it could be better to show dual weapons against some bosses or something like that.  QuickMan should at least get to use his boomerangs against MetalMan.

Offline marioman

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:40:17 pm »
Mega Man 4 now up:

http://cybermoonstudios.deviantart.com/art/The-Mega-Man-4-Corps-108142231

User posted image

Not as good as the others, IMO.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:12:12 pm »
It's not that bad. It gets a lot of bonus points for featuring both Roll and Murray the invincible demonic skull!

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 09:08:08 pm »
I'm interested in seeing MM5, considering how most of the weaknesses seem rather illogical (Crystal -> Napalm? seriously?).

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 02:38:15 am »
Yeah, the crystal ball plugs up that tube on top of NapalmMan's head.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 06:31:55 pm »
I've always loved Makotron's artwork when he did Transformers stuff, and I'm glad to see that he's finally getting paid for his work (something he used to lament about on Transformers forums). He's always extremely on model while still giving characters a lot of personality.

It's just too bad that in this case, it's only the Robot Masters that appeared on Nintendo systems, so the Mega Man 8 cast is absent (as well as Megaman and Bass' for that matter). I've always liked their new aesthetics.

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 08:15:24 pm »
TerraEsperZ said:

It's just too bad that in this case, it's only the Robot Masters that appeared on Nintendo systems, so the Mega Man 8 cast is absent (as well as Megaman and Bass' for that matter).

Beat me to it.  I thought that the Robot Master count looked a little low...

Nice piece of work though.