Author Topic: RE: Super Castlevania IV  (Read 64856 times)

Offline Tropicon

RE: Super Castlevania IV
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 02:42:00 pm »
I'm glad.  I do what I can.

Overall this wasn't as hard as it could have been.  Mapping wise I wouldn't put this under max difficulty but close to it.  If you need anything else just ask.  In the meantime I'll try to hit other unanswered requests here and of course get back to work on my site.

Offline Will

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 03:00:55 pm »
If requests don't come up frequently, what will you do next Tropicon? Definitely something Super Nintendo.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 03:53:28 pm »
Are you kidding, there are 20 threads in map requests that I intend to take a shot at not counting this one.  I have a bunch of N64 maps on my site that have been giving me trouble for a while now.  And one guy has been sending requests for DKC2 at such regular intervals I'm sure he intends for me to eventually map out the entire game.

I can't do the arcade request because I'm no good with arcade.  BTW I see you're doing Aladdin?  Are you using scroll codes?  Since I discovered them mapping's been a breeze and I could try and make a couple if you're interested.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 03:57:16 pm »
Tropicon, we really need you to make a thread about those scroll codes of yours, how and/or where you get them. By the way, thanks for completing this game :)

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 04:12:37 pm »
Okay, they're all up now.  Great job, Tropicon!

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2009, 05:57:39 pm »
Nooo problem.  I'll make a thread about scroll and camera control.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Super Castlevania IV
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2015, 11:00:39 am »
Perhaps it might seem weird to ask this over five and a half years later, but can we revisit what TerraEsperZ suggested about having them arranged a bit more intuitively, and if I may add, to have them labelled?

I love the idea of Tropicon's style of making raw maps (they are certainly useful if you want to use the graphics for something) but I also really feel like Super Castlevania IV is deserving of maps with a little more functionality to it.  We can certainly have both kinds here (as we have for other games).  Is anyone up for it?

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: RE: Super Castlevania IV
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2015, 05:55:59 pm »
If no one else wants to step up to the plate, I *might* give it a go once my new computer is finally assembled and functional. Seriously, I haven't been able to do any serious mapping for the last year since my 8 years old PC is on its last leg...
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: RE: Super Castlevania IV
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2015, 09:04:41 am »
It would still entail a lot of additional work I simply wouldn't have the time for. Candles, moving objects and bosses would have to bee added at a minimum, plus there's that missing bottom line in many of the horizontal areas (thanks to the way the SNES displays things) that I'd prefer to see completed, and the fact that the stage graphics go ugly or missing very quickly once you get away from visible areas.

Honestly, the raw maps are great to have, but to get them to a state I would be personally satisfied with (and I'm rather finicky), I'd pretty much have to redo the whole thing over and use Tropicon's work as a guide.

Hopefully, someone with more time and more SNES mapping expertise will attempt this.
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)