Author Topic: RE: Super Castlevania IV  (Read 64874 times)

Offline alucard

RE: Super Castlevania IV
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 10:27:46 am »
Tropicon Said:
The site is down. I looked at your site yesterday and it worked fine, but now it says:

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 06:22:06 pm »
Is it doing that again?  Last time it did it to me.  The server was recently updated and it's still on the fritz.  Give it a day or two and it should be back to normal.

In the mean time I finished the first section of Stage 2.  This is one rough game to map I was having an easer time with DKC2.  At least my tricks are working.

7E00BD81: invincibility

7E148803: freeze certain background animations

7E2200FF: turn the background bright red

7E1298C0: camera scrolls down

7E128A46: camera scrolls right

7E1280**: fix the camera wherever you want

7E055E00: elevator jump

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 10:55:22 pm »
Tropicon, are your maps for VGMapper.com, or will you be contributing them to VGMaps.com as well?

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 11:56:52 am »
You want em?  Which ones do you want?  Is there some sort of uploading thing here like at GameFAQs?

Finished the second part of stage 2, this map is gonna be huge.  There are so many bugs in this game's graphics I could rant for hours about it.

Offline alucard

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 02:36:18 pm »
Your site is back up, awesome job on Stage 1, thanks for making that map.  I made an official request for all stages of Super Castlevania IV to be mapped on your site if possible.  I wish I could do it but like you said that game would be too difficult for a beginner to map.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 04:46:32 pm »
Well, ideally I'd like all the maps you talk about here on these forums, but most especially the Super Castlevania IV maps.

You can send them to my email, that's how I've always accepted contributions.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 05:48:31 pm »
Stage 2 is up (same link as stage 1).

Well let's see what have I talked about.  Castlevania 4, Castlevania 4, Nightmare on Elm Street, Brain Lord, Eco Quest and Space Quest... was that all?  I think that was all.  I'll send them to you.

Offline alucard

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 11:26:22 pm »
Stage 2 looks great, I am excited about getting these maps because I have the maps for most of the Castlevania games except for Super Castlevania IV and some of the newer ones. I will keep checking back for more stages, thanks for making these.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 11:24:04 am »
No problem alucard, oh and if you're the one who made the requests at my site for future reference would you only request one map at a time.  I don't care if you fill up all the slots with individual level requests it's just kind of an overload when people ask for "everything".  That's a lot of work.

Anyway stage 3 is funny.  It's a long room, then a tall room, then 3 short rooms and another tall room.  I'm probably going to stack them like an accordion.

Offline alucard

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 09:14:05 pm »
Oh I'm sorry I did not know requesting worked that way. Yes I was the one who requested them all, I think you had said to do that on a previous post. I can go back and re-request them individually if its easier for your site. I remember Stage 3 being the Cave and Water levels, I am sure those will look good. What you have done so far looks great, thanks.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 11:18:21 am »
Don't worry about it.  What I meant was to fill in each slot with an individual level request, like what that guy just did with the DKC2 requests.  When somebody asks for everything I just do one level from the group listed and take the request down.  I've found that trying to do a whole game at once causes massive burn out, just like I'm starting to struggle with the Nightmare on Elm street map now.  Instead I just try to see it as moving on to the next map and if that's the next level in the same game it's just a coincidence.  I only ever did a whole game 3 times, with Hexen, Ogre Battle, and Soul Blazer.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »
Stage 3 is up, time for a break.

Offline alucard

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 12:04:23 am »
Stage 3 looks awesome. I forgot how big that stage was until I saw this map, thanks again Tropicon.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 11:26:32 pm »
4 is up.  Had to work a little magic to make the background work so it's not something you could actually see in the game.

Offline Tropicon

Super Castlevania IV
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 09:02:27 pm »
5 is up.  Tiny and pointless.  Stage 6 is a whopping 8 rooms so don't expect any miracles.