Author Topic: Can you name all the Robot Masters in 10 minutes?  (Read 21354 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Can you name all the Robot Masters in 10 minutes?
« on: January 18, 2009, 08:49:05 am »
Can you name the Mega Man Robot Masters?

Click the start button!  Go now!  Otherwise you'll start remembering some before you even begin...

Here are my results.  I got 76 out of 80.  I really wanted to remember all the NES ones but the one I missed I spent a lot of time trying to remember and still couldn't.  I knew it was a warrior-like one since I knew Mega Man 6 had four warrior-like Robot Masters.  At least one of the four I couldn't remember soon enough is apparently the least remembered out of everyone who's taken this test.  As for the other two, apparently I don't like male entertainers and block them out of memory...

Ironically, Fake Man isn't listed, whose stage was put up just today (mapped by you-know-who, who's also listed...twice, in fact), though Fake Man is an extra Robot Master of sorts, like Dark Man in Mega Man V.  Also, the only woman listed here seemed to require the full name to be typed.

Offline Will

RE: Can you name all the Robot Masters in 10 minutes?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:32:54 am »
My result is 80 out of 80 with 5 minutes and 16 seconds remaining. Typing fast was a piece of cake. Memorising the names of every robot master is like trying to remember the entire script of a play in which the main role appears in every single scene, monologues, dialogues and everything. Break Man and Proto Man didn't even count in the list either. Proto Man did used to be against Mega Man and then there was an evil copy of him in MM5.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:36:21 am »
I got all 80 with only 1:30 remaining.

The ones that took me the longest to remember are the ones I always forget when trying to name them all (yeah, I do that myself sometimes), namely Dynamo Man, Hornet Man, Plug Man, Gyro Man and Clown Man.

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 11:58:12 am »
6:49 remaining.  The Mega Man 9 bosses gave me a little trouble.

But they missed: Fake Man, Volt Man, Sonic Man, Dyna Man, Shark Man, Bit Man, Blade Man, Torch Man, Clock Man, Dangan Man, Konro Man, Komuso Man, Aircon Man, and Compas Man.

Neat little page though.  I have always wondered how long it would take me to name all of the Robot Masters.

Offline Will

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 12:24:02 pm »
Good record marioman. I don't think they missed out Torchman. You see Torchman is just the converted name of Fireman. In Megaman Battle Network he was called Fireman but in the Tv programme Megaman NT Warrior he is called Torchman.

Offline marioman

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 12:34:36 pm »
Actually, I was thinking of Torch Man.  Since the quiz only covers Classic RMs I didn't even think to distinguish which Torch Man I was talking about.  Sorry.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 01:12:49 pm »
They could have included the PC, Japanese-only, and special boss "men", but likely they would be the ones most forgotten.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 06:36:57 pm »
I've taken this quiz twice before. The first time I got all of them except for Magnet Man, and the second time I finished with around 6 minutes left IIRC. Somehow, I feel like retaking the quiz again.

It's a pity they didn't include the Stardroids and Mega Man killers, but I guess that those are technically not robot masters (and the Stardroids would too be easy to name). :P

And I'll just admit here that a Mega Man X quiz would absolutely murder me. I barely know any of the post-X4 names (other than Duff McWhalen), and I'm sure that I'd misspell half of the names.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Revned

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 06:45:43 pm »
I, uh, didn't get them all. *cough43cough*. I tend to forget the boss orders soon after playing, and I find it hard to think of things without any cues. I also haven't even played all the way through 7, 8 or Bass.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 06:50:42 pm »
Oh, Revned, for shame.  Considering you mapped the stages of all the NES ones, of which there are 46, and I know you recently played Mega Man 9 ones, only 43?

Though I do agree that without cues it can be hard.  I would spend a good few seconds staring at some blanks and trying to recall what was there.  Especially ones like Mega Man V that don't have a distinct pattern when it comes to whose weapon beats who.  I expected to be weak with Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass so in a way I did better than I originally expected.

For some reason I remembered Mega Man 3 & 7 have three that began with S, Mega Man 4 has three that began with D, and that Mega Man 6 has four "warrior-types", so remembering those hints helped out (well, except for 6, when I just couldn't recall it).

Offline Revned

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 06:57:21 pm »
Yeah yeah. No excuses, I know. Unless I think of them right away, though, they just don't come to me no longer how long I take. I did best on 1, 3 and 9, which didn't surprise me.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 07:05:44 pm »
My brother got the exact same score as me: 76 out of 80.  He had a pretty steady pace, using the "weapon cycle" to recall them.

He also missed the one in Mega Man 8 that I missed!  He also missed one other from 8, and he missed both of the Powered Up!-only guys.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 09:19:11 pm »
I took the quiz again and finished with 5 minutes left. The one that gave me the most trouble (and guessed last) was Needle Man. For some reason, I cannot remember MM3's boss order(s) to save my life.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 10:04:54 pm »
The easiest for me were Mega Man (Mostly because they're so iconic) and Mega Man 3 (mostly because for some reason, I've got the stage per page layout from its Nintendo Power issue memorized from looking at it so often).

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Maxim

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 06:21:20 am »
To answer the original question: no. I've never played a Mega Man game (apart from a quick play of the GG version).