Author Topic: X-Men anyone?  (Read 12008 times)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
X-Men anyone?
« on: May 28, 2006, 09:08:57 pm »
Did you see it yet? Want to discuss the film and fill the thread with spoilers?

I liked it and didn't like it. Too many characters to handle correctly, and the core group felt broken. But the action was good and showed some team work. Just the execution of it was wonky.

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: X-Men anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 12:25:35 pm »
I haven't seen it.

But I did unfortunately step into another forum where there was an X III: The Last Stand (looks like 13: the Last Stand?) thread and I did hear of major spoilers.  So it's already too late for me.

From the sounds of it, they added lots of characters, which wouldn't've been a problem except that it was barely more than an hour and a half, and that most new guys suck.

I did seem to get a feeling that Kelsey Grammer as Beast was an exception though, just about everybody thought he was cool.  Still no Gambit, I'm guessing?  I haven't heard anything about him.  Or Psylocke.  Sheesh.

I did hear that the Internet joke with Juggernaut going around saying "I'm Juggernaut, b***h!" actually made it into the film.  Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.  I guess it's kinda funny if he just says it once.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 01:01:38 pm »
I was already spoiled several months back when an early script was leaked on SomethingAwful I think. At the time I was desperatly hoping the worst part wouldn't happen or that it was bogus. Unfortunately the major negative points are still there, which is why I probably won't like it as much as the first two.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 02:24:18 pm »
Yeah, Juggernaut says the line once. Kitty drops him halfway through the floor (as seen in a commercial) and he says "Don't you know who I am? I'm Juggernaut, b***h!" And he busts free (without falling through . . .).

No Gambit or other characters from later on in the series. Though Jubilee is in the credits. I didn't notice her.

Kitty really could have been a bright star in the movie. If they dropped Rogue then she would of had a chance. Plus she's cuter.

Kelsey Grammer did a fine job, but they inferred a history with the X-Men so its like we missed something between X-Men 2 and this one. Maybe the game?

I'd say don't be worried about seeing it. Just don't have high expectations.

---

Cool beans

Offline Dan

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 11:45:04 am »
In case you haven't seen it, here's the crazy-funny movie based on the Juggernaut's famous line.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3934651591022114445

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 09:01:33 pm »
Dan Said:
In case you haven't seen it, here's the crazy-funny movie based on the Juggernaut's famous line.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3934651591022114445

8o That.. wasn't funny at all, at least not to me. I don't know how you call this kind of language (pimp-talk, jive-talk, ebonics?) but it can be fun/cool (Pulp Fiction did it well for example) but this didn't do anything for me. I *am* eager to hear it in the real movie however.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 09:30:47 pm »
Yeah, that was a dumb video. Poorly recorded, too. Maybe if the quality was higher it would be more enjoyable.

---

Cool beans