Author Topic: Request Listings  (Read 99733 times)

Offline BumFengShui

Re: Request Listings
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 07:15:26 am »
Here are the 1st 4 levels, after this it just keeps recycling them with more stuff added each time. I actually mapped the 1st 20 levels before I noticed the map viewer in mame was duplicating and removing some columns of pixels, so those 20 maps were all a waste, these 4 are fixed though. They don't have the backgrounds & I'm not great at hacking by any standards so I may never be able to get them since they don't show up in the map viewer.

Offline LTIan

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 04:02:53 pm »
I understand, but thank you for getting the First 4 Stages of the Road Runner Arcade. :)

The scenery looks very nice. I like pixel-renderings of my favorite cartoon series. :)

Offline LTIan

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2014, 12:36:32 pm »
Would anyone else like to take a go at another one of my requests?

Offline ItalianGamer97

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 07:51:13 pm »
Under PC, could you please add Freedom Planet to the list? Here's the link to my request on this forum:https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=2071.0

Offline Trop

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 10:11:14 am »
done.

Offline ItalianGamer97

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 01:39:25 pm »
Thanks!

Offline LTIan

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 06:02:56 pm »
I'm still waiting for anyone who wants to continue ripping from Road Runner's Death Valley Rally.

Offline Trop

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 10:34:35 pm »
Updated

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2016, 09:44:39 pm »
Wondering if there's some way to improve this listing other than just compiling what is seen on this board already.

I was thinking about if there is some way to note who made the original request and then also have someone else "second" a request, because anyone can just make a request for any game, and then would that have equal weight to any other request?

But then would it be unfair to newcomers?  Are people going to take certain requests more seriously or not at all if they saw who requested them?  Would people make alternate accounts just to second their own requests?

But then also, do we need to weigh the popularity of requests?  Wouldn't that make obscure (but just as good) games harder to get mapped?  Of course, that's also assuming anyone looks at these requests in the first place and actually considers them...but maybe they don't because they don't know what would be more worth the effort or more appreciated because they don't know which of these requests are actually seconded and thirded?  Which comes first?  Need experience to get a job, but need a job to get experience?  Did the chicken come first, or the egg?  Etc.

It's definitely tricky.  Anyone have any ideas about if there's a way to manage/consolidate requests?  I mean, as we've talked about umpteen times before, fulfilling them is another thing altogether.  But just sorting them?  Maybe there needs to be a standardized topic header for each request?  I don't know.  Now I'm rambling.  Thoughts?

Offline Revned

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2016, 09:54:49 pm »
I've ranted about it before, but requests carry absolutely no weight for me, no matter who makes them or how they're organized.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2016, 01:17:07 am »
Yeah, close the requests section. If anything it's off-putting to see the begging and ranting.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2016, 07:48:50 am »
Well, I don't know if I'd go that far.  If I close the Requests board, then people are just going to make requests on other boards.

I'm pretty sure there's a way for users to to filter what boards they can see, so you could just do that to not show the Requests board if it really means nothing to you.  Then you would actually want me to keep the Requests board open just to keep them out of your sight.

Offline Revned

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2016, 10:17:10 am »
I'm happy to ignore them, but I think that having a dedicated Requests board gives people the wrong expectation. People see that there's a process for requesting maps, and then understandably expect that that means requests will be fulfilled. Adding any more formality, as you've suggested, seems like it will worsen the problem...

I don't know if I'd completely kill the board, but I'm not sure that things are any better now than they were before we had it. I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I just hate to give people false hope or frustration.

Offline LTIan

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2016, 06:49:29 pm »
Do Not Close the Request Boards!

What if somebody wanted to request new maps for the site?

Offline Trop

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2016, 09:49:27 am »
I shouldn't have made this thing.  I should have kept my mouth shut.  Why can't I ever keep my mouth shut.  I'm doing it right now.....
 :(
OK new rule then, no more free maps.  Instead of requests it'll be commissions.  At least for me.  When I finish my current project, that's it.  I wont' make anymore maps unless somebody's paying.  Congratulations LTIan you can just buy maps from me now.