Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 555002 times)

Offline marioman

Re: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #465 on: March 13, 2010, 12:25:04 pm »
Can't wait to see the new maps Revned.  I just added Mega Man 10 to the list.  (I know, I know, it's about time.)  I have 18 maps on the list right now - 16 for the normal stages, and 2 for Endless Attack and Challenge Mode.  Revned had mentioned that he may not map Challenge Mode, but I'll include it anyway.  Many of the challenges reuse the same level layouts, so there may not be that many rooms to be mapped.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:46:13 pm by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #466 on: March 21, 2010, 06:43:32 pm »
List updated.  Will is now to Liberation Mission 4 of 6 in BN5 (81 maps), so I am guessing he is about 65% of the way to completion.  I just noticed that there are actually 9 Liberation Missions in the game, but the last 3 are in the special scenario after you defeat the final boss.  So they should not affect the map count as much as the other Liberation Missions do.  Nice work Will.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:44:19 pm by marioman »

Offline Revned

« Reply #467 on: March 26, 2010, 11:35:13 pm »
Just a quick update on MM10: I'm currently working on Wily 2 and hope to finish the rest in time for this weekend's update.

Offline marioman

« Reply #468 on: March 28, 2010, 07:55:33 pm »
And they're up.  The maps look good Revned.  It's interesting look at the map for a Mega Man level after you have actually played the level.  I usually find that the level looks much more simplistic as a map than it does in the game.  Kind of a strange effect...

Will also has some more BN5 maps up.  He is now to the 5th Liberation Mission, but he is already at 107 maps.  He still has a 6th Liberation Mission, the final boss area, and the extra scenario to go, so I am not sure how high the map count is going to get.  It will be interesting to see how many there are after Will is finished.

Nice work to both of you.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:59:43 pm by marioman »

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #469 on: March 29, 2010, 06:12:59 pm »
Here's an interesting thing I noticed about the background of Solar Man's level.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #470 on: March 29, 2010, 07:29:40 pm »
Now *that* is why I love making screenshot maps! Every once in a while you'll run into a map where the designer has clearly put as much thought into the purely aesthetic aspect of his work than we do mapping it.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #471 on: March 29, 2010, 08:43:36 pm »
Hey, I didn't notice that. That's pretty cool.

Offline marioman

« Reply #472 on: March 31, 2010, 08:40:59 pm »
Here's an interesting thing I noticed about the background of Solar Man's level.

Wow.  That level designer must be some sort of perfectionist.  Nice catch.

Also, I just noticed that RMMH has started maps for both Mega Man X6 and Mega Man ZX.  They are available in the RMMH Extra Hall.  Hopefully they will submit them here too once they are finished.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:41:31 pm by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #473 on: April 03, 2010, 01:03:24 pm »
I have reached the Factory Network System. There are four sections. These are the most complicated of cyber world maps I've come across so far, due to the many lights that flash, the wavy lined conveyer belts and the scattered sprites. Thanks for mentioning the secret liberation missions Marioman, I'll keep that in mind and map em' out when my chance comes.

Offline marioman

« Reply #474 on: April 04, 2010, 07:23:08 pm »
No problem - glad to help.  Your submissions bring the current map count up to 110.  It seems that the Liberation Missions may make BN5's post-ending scenario a little longer than the ones for the other games, so I believe that I am going to leave the number on the list where it is for now.  I know that there are at least 10 more maps remaining, but I am not sure of the exact number.

Offline Will

« Reply #475 on: April 05, 2010, 08:00:55 am »
I have finished most of the Battle Network 5. All I need to complete is the Undernet System and the Nebula Internet System. By the time I've succeeded in Battle Network 5, there will be a total of 130 maps.

One thing puzzles me is this. The Cruiser Network System and the Gargoyle Network System have three sections, but the Interordi website indicates there are four sections. Could it be that there is a noticeable between Team Colonel and Team Protoman after all i.e. one or two sections differ between versions? If that is the case, how can it be indicated on the website? I may have to play through Team Protoman to find out.

Offline marioman

« Reply #476 on: April 05, 2010, 08:32:58 am »
It appears that Team Protoman has an extra area before the ShipComp1 area in Team Colonel.  I am sure that the same is also true for Gargoyle Castle.  So I guess there is a slightly larger version difference in BN5 than there is in BN3 and BN4.  It does make me wonder if Team Colonel got anything extra in place of those areas.  Anyways, I've updated the list to reflect your final total of 130 maps.

Also, one of the MM10 special stages will be released this week.  Wonder how long it will take Revned to map it...

EDIT: After doing a web search on the extra BN5 area, I found one place that says that the extra areas are only available in the Japanese versions of the games.  I am not able to confirm this, but it may be worth checking out.

EDIT2: I have confirmed that the areas in question are only available in the Japanese version of the game.  For the record, the Japanese version's ShipComp1 and GargoyleComp2 areas are the ones that are missing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:54:34 pm by marioman »

Offline Revned

« Reply #477 on: April 05, 2010, 10:12:51 pm »
Not too long  :)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #478 on: April 06, 2010, 12:18:58 am »
This article and its accompanying images are pertinent to our interests.

Offline marioman

« Reply #479 on: April 06, 2010, 04:46:25 pm »
Not too long  :)

Hmmm...  I assume that you made that map as you were speedrunning the level?  :P  Excellent work.

This article and its accompanying images are pertinent to our interests.

*Looks at the images on the desk*  Too bad they're not Revned's maps.  It would be really neat if they were.  The April Fools joke was a little lame though.  I mean, who is going to really believe that Capcom is going to try to actually build stages from a Mega Man game?  Interesting read though.

In other news, I have determined that MM10's Challenge Mode has at most 31 unique rooms.  Many of the boss and weapon challenges use the same room layout, so that cuts the number of rooms down significantly.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:55:11 pm by marioman »